Thai music

check_bin_krap

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi check_bin_krap

God I wish my Thai wife could sing... But you can't have everything. Anyway I checked out thainetcity and I noticed they want money for their stuff. Have a look at www.thaiworld.de section 'full albums', download and burn your own cds like I do.

And for those who want to flame me (again) for disrespecting so-called intellectual property...go ahead and tell me how poor Gates is just because of me...blabla

Hi CBK...

I love Thai music, and have really gotten into it - especially via my Thai friends and girlfriend. The music I like up here is:

(and forgive my spelling - I've spelt everything phonetically)

Loxalang - (They are from Buriram and sing "Motorcy Hahng" amongst other things). Good traditional NE folk music.

Loso - One of the biggest bands in Thailand. Good mainstream pop. Their song, "Panthip" is my favourite Thai song. It kicks arse, and if you get a Thai to translate it for you, its actually very funny.

Taxi - good, solid rock. Just got their new album, but I reckon their first one was better.

Tongchai (Bird) - Gay Thai guy, who sings easy-going middle-of-the-road sort of stuff. "Khun Mai Mee Faen" would be his biggest hit.

Teerapat - Buy the CD by Theerapat, (he's also known as "Tui"), and give it to your Thai girlfriend. She'll love you for it. He's thought of as one of the most handsome men in Thailand by the female population out there.

Palmy - Very cute, 19 year old girl singer. Music's not bad, either!

For "buggle gum / spice girls" type pop, try China Dolls, Dunk/Parn etc. etc

Pongsit - Excellent Thai folk singer using acoustic guitar. Very emotional songs.

And of course Carabao needs no introduction!

Archived