She's real!

Stickman

Just got back from Woodstock and can confirm that the mysterious "Good Thai Girl" came along and introduced herself. Yep folks, she is the genuine article - a pleasant real life Thai lady. I guess she stayed perhaps 15 minutes or so. She seemed a little nervous, or at least not totally at ease amongst those surroundings and disappeared.

Stick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't surprise me... I never doubted it.

Why do people always try and read things between the lines??? I read all her posts and I feel that her opinions are/were as valid as those expressed by many others on this board... Every opinion must be respected for what it is... JUST AN OPINION... whether you agree with it or not.

Differing opinions lead to an open and stimulating debate and does NOT have to generate a Flame war. Just look at what is happening on the Ajarn board... supposed intelligent people are allowing their personal prejudises to bury all the great inforamtion being presented there. Its all akin to racism to me. Makes reading the board tiresome.

Some of you know that I have been a member/poster/reader for alot longer then my Membership date indicates. I have always found this board to be a tolarant place... Khun Sanuk, Flashermac, Stickman, Long Gun, Slimey Toad and many of the other founders and long time members and contributers all have devoted a huge amount of time and energy to making this one of the best boards about Farang Thailand on the net. It would be a shame to see that all come tumbling down due to the intolarance and flames of a few that hijack a thread and refuse to allow an exchange of differing views and opinions.

Good Thai Girl has offed us a window into a society that is too often closed and foreign to us... No matter how long we live in Thailand we can never be truly Thai in our way of living and thinking. As long as she, OR ANYONE ELSE, does not try and entrap, flame or in any other way abuse her/his welcome, I do not think that anyone should try and force justification for the reality of anyone elses persona, assumed or otherwise. It's just NOT any of our business.

I find her posts very refreshing and an excellent opportunity to learn more about Thai women (as if I will ever understand ANY woman of any cuture) and most especially to help me understand and have a better relationship with my G/F and her family. I only ask that when she (or anyone) writes something in Thai, that an accurate translation is included for us shamefull illiterates.

This applies to everyone on this board... How do you know who I really am... Even those who have met me at Woodstock can not really KNOW me. How do you know that I am really an Import/Export professional in Gifts/Toys... That I really have a company in Bangkok? Just because I said so... Pulleassse... Some people believe everything G.W. Bush says also. (BTW... All this stuff IS true about me.)

How do I know that Flyonzwall really lives in Thailand, or Flashemac really is a professor or that Stickman has really stopped teaching.. We believe them because they say so... Well why not. We accept it because We have no reason not to. They have never tried to subvert this board.

The same should apply to all Newbies that join us. All must be welcome to present themselves in any persona that makes them feel comfortable enough to participate... All must be welcomed as who they present themselves to be without question... Its just the friendly, open and accepting kind of place this is... and the kind of people we are.

So I hope that Good Thai Girl continues to honor us with her presence, opinions and contributions . Maybe she'll invite her friends to join as well... The more the merrier... Maybe she can Moderate an "Ask the Good Thai Girl" Catagory were we can post all those relationship questions that have been bothering us all for so long. After all, who better to ask about how to meet a "good" Thai girl... another Farang Sex-on-the-brain Tourist/Ex-Pat??? Or the real deal... A "Good Thai Girl".

Just My "Opinion".

CS

Stick...you are not pulling our leg, are you? As I recall, you are bit of prankster. No offense intended (I have enjoyed some of your better pranks.)

And no offense intended to Good Thai Girl (GTG) - if that is what she is - but I just scanned a few of her posts, and notwithstanding Stickman's confirmation, I really have my doubts. There are several reasons I have such doubts, but I will only list four of them here:

First, I am not an English teacher, but I have worked here for eight years in the finance area, and, judging from from at least some of her posts, her English skills put her in the top 1%.

Second, grammatical errors do appear in some of GTG's posts, but those errors seem to disappear when she is arguing a serious position. This suggests the errors are feigned.

Third, I find it hard to believe that any Thai woman with the educational background that GTG's obviously possesses would bother with this board. Not only are her English skills strong (at least when she is trying to make a serious point), but her arguments are often cogent and persuasive. Even though she seems to trip up sometimes (we all do), GTG is obviously well educated. So why bother with a board like this?

Fourth and finally, I read GTG's post about a woman who had a baby six months after meeting a farang man. I recognize that premature babies happen, but a birth, particularly the birth of live child, six months after conception is a statistical anomaly. In making a judgment about TGT bona fides, we are making a judgment based on probabilities, and when this anomaly is added to all of the others, legitimate questions of veracity are unavoidable.

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Gadfly ]

I can't believe what I/you/we just read...

See... There are People that do believe G.W. Bush, the Supreme Appointee, never had his own self-interest at heart... And there IS a Man in the Moon... and a Santa Claus. Reality is suspended just because a point of view that was taken previously MUST be defended... Proof to the contrary notwithstanding.

Only goes to prove that if open-minded tolerance was more of a norm, then life would be so boring... Yes, it is better that we have so many disbelievers... Truth is such a harsh thing to accept in any case. I guess this board can't live without

those that MUST impose their own uninformed judgements as realities of fact... It's as plain as the noses on their two faces.

Isn't it great that most of us live in the REAL world... Were a fact is a FACT and 1+1 do make 2, No matter how hard you "Flat-Earthers" try and make it otherwise.

CS

Yeah yeah. Like the one about the Big T closing down!!!

Now that was Funny!!! lol

Well, if you really need another person to raise their hand and indeed say this is not a stickman hoax I'll do it.

I didn't foresee her staying for such a short visit though. Thus never got a chance to even say hello after I finished playing with my large stick (wooden you idiots!!! I know what you were thinking!!!).

Now to make all you guys even more paranoid, I wonder if she's the same lady who is monitoring the boards for the Thaksin government, muahahahahhahahahahaha lol

<<burp>>

Archived