She's real!

Stickman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gadfly,

Many of the posts questioning the identity of the Good Thai Girl bothered me, especially all the assumptions that Thais cannot master the English language proficiently. Perhaps only because many native speakers of the English language world cannot. But your contentions here are really getting absurd!

quote:

First, I am not an English teacher, but I have worked here for eight years in the finance area, and, judging from from at least some of her posts, her English skills put her in the top 1%.

Finance manager, eh? And you make such wild assumptions on people you deal with in only one industry? From just "at least some of her posts"? How can you arrive at "the top 1 %" figure? Bangkok is quite a large city and Thailand is full of surprises.

quote:

Second, grammatical errors do appear in some of GTG's posts, but those errors seem to disappear when she is arguing a serious position. This suggests the errors are feigned.

Don't you put more effort when you are trying argue seriously than when you are just typing away clever one-liner (figuratively) posts?

quote:

Third, I find it hard to believe that any Thai woman with the educational background that GTG's obviously possesses would bother with this board. Not only are her English skills strong (at least when she is trying to make a serious point), but her arguments are often cogent and persuasive. Even though she seems to trip up sometimes (we all do), GTG is obviously well educated. So why bother with a board like this?

Why not? It is quite an entertaining board with both good information and silly comments. Does KS want only non-"obviously well educated" people to "bother with a board like this"? Some people read comics as well Financial Times, some watch soaps as well as documentaries.

quote:

Fourth and finally, I read GTG's post about a woman who had a baby six months after meeting a farang man. I recognize that premature babies happen, but a birth, particularly the birth of live child, six months after conception is a statistical anomaly. In making a judgment about TGT bona fides, we are making a judgment based on probabilities, and when this anomaly is added to all of the others, legitimate questions of veracity are unavoidable.

Wow! For a doubtful person trying to prove a point, aren't you really missing the mark? If you go back to the thread in question (Nightlife Forum: Those Nana Gals), you can see that it is another member (keith doug) who posted about the baby (I think 6 months here is just grammatical error) and it is clear on my browser that Good Thai Girl merely quoted this post in making her comment. Perhaps your browser doesn't clearly indicate the quoting, hence your remark.

I understand that this board is like a close knit bar and some people don't want outsiders and strangers participating. However, I just hope you put more care into your public accusations.

Ciao!

micsnee

Yes, I can second it. I have spoken to her on the phone. I offer apologies for my assumptions made. There is too much madness on this board at times that I think it's becoming harder to discern the reality from it. crazy.gif" border="0 . But it must be noted, that with her exceptional English she is an exception and had many of us guessing.

GTG, as I'd said before, being the genuine article you are more than welcome. I'm still waiting for that second call ..

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

[QB]who was the guy who wanted to eat his hat if she would turn out real?

smile.gif" border="0
QB]

Yeah, it's me. On the other hand, I don't find pleasure rubbing it in someone's face.

(anyway, no hard feelings -- it's all my treat)

smile.gif" border="0

I also second Dan in that I would most certainly appreciate a Thai female perspective regarding things on this board. Big welcome -- and sorry, if I came harsch at you before GTG! wink.gif" border="0

Straycat

I remain unconvinced for numerous reasons. Take GTG's statement from the nightlife section that came shortly after people voiced concern students were getting a link to this site:

quote:

I think all good Thai girls should read the stuff on this board. I've told some of my friends already

Read that again. So if someone asks me do you think (A) GTG is a thai girl troll or (B) GTG is a teenage farang trickster who is using a friend to provide cover, I would choose B based on the data provided.

So why does it matter? Probably not much; there are annoyances like trolls, flamers, and mimicers on most any message board you go to. If GTG was mimicing Tony Blair, I don't think anyone would care (hey, we have Shaq here already). However, in this case GTG is trying to shape an impression of what "Good Thai Girls" are like to foreign readers, and succeeding in some cases. If GTG is really just a farang trickster, that's an injustice to the real "good thai girls", especially as "her" statements contradict every thai girl I have ever known.

Well, aren't some of you just silly. About 10 of us sat and spoke with her at Woodstock on Friday, and some of you still want to debate on her existance.

Yes, she is real, yes Elvis is dead, and, sorry, but Baywatch isn't coming back. Deal with it.

And to G.T.G.: I hope all this nonsense hasn't put you off. Most of us are nearly normal.

Archived