Drunken Falang Louts :(

Fiery Jack

Guest lazyphil

<<Its rather easy to get away from them though, travel outside of tourist spots/countries and you won't find them>>

For the record, this English hooligan has travelled to many place independently ;Puerto Maldonado (Amazonian Peru) Jo-burg, Angkor Wat, Utahs Canyonlands to name a few places.

So before you go making STUPID sweeping statements. Please think hard because I have a good idea my fellow Englishmen here are not necessarily of the ilk you describe.

BTW, Never been to Spain. would like to go one day. Maybe Benidormlaugh.gif who knowslaugh.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazyphil, did I say all English are drunken hooligans who travel in groups?

I was describing a certain type of English. My appoligies if you are the kind of person who was described at first in this thread. I might meet you in Peru with 9 others in footie shirts?

I also said that all English suffer because of these. Read my post before you respond smile.gif

Cheers!

"<<The reputation the English have gotten because of these people harms decent travellers>>

Fuck off and remove your head from your ass "

I don't know what you are on tonite lazy dude. But if you have not seen the reception the English get when they travel to places in Europe before a major footie match where have you been?

Do you deny that the hooligans have given the English a bad rep around?

Guest lazyphil

<<I don't know what you are on tonite lazy dude>>

Your country, when under criticism, is rather like family. Having outsiders bad mouth it can cause aggrovation. Yes, of course England has a bad press on hooliganism. But thats it, isn't it; press...media. I've seen piss poor behavior from other nationalities in various places in the world.

I guess my response was rather aggressive (reinforcing your already negative opinion of uslaugh.gif) but how would you feel if I said your countrymen were a danger to old folk and decent travellers. You must admit it is a touchy subject?

I was proudly wearing my Arsenal shirt on my last trip and a guy with a very, very strong south London accent. (like I know the difference hahaha) was pulling on my girl to dance and my freinds girl to dance. He knew them before. Pissed (drunk to us Yanks) out of his mind. Then he tries to pull me on the dance floor to dance.

He sees my shirt and says 'You a Gooner?! Ull Goonaz on di dance flur' (weak attempt to enunciate his accent). He looked like he was not unaccustomed to bar fights, had a strong grip too! The security was looking at me to see if I was gonna belt him one. It was obvious he was being the aggressor though. He starts saying 'I'm a Millwall supporter and we iz mates'. I told him 'look, its 2 am and I'm a tired Yank, okay?'. He holds my head in his hands and kisses me on the forehead! Then says 'Okay mate'.

I got my girl and left. There is no way I'm getting into a bar fight outside of my own neighborhood, let alone another country. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago during my younger days, but its now worth it now.

I don't think Brits corner the market though. I've seen drunken Yank military, a French guy on Soi 6 who was threatening a mamasan once and one night last December my friend and I saw 3 fights in 3 separate bars between a Brit and a German.

I'm reconsidering my wearing of football shirts now. But in the end I know I'll represent the Arse : )

Guest lazyphil

<<I'm reconsidering my wearing of football shirts now. But in the end I know I'll represent the Arse : )>>

I'm sure your quack can prescribe something for this conditionlaugh.gif

First I had a love/hate relationship with Pattaya. Golf, women, easy living. A few dickheads but 2-3 yrs ago I avoided them. Then about 1 yr ago I was sitting in Kiss Restaurant on 2nd Rd, about 7:30AM eating my breakfast before tee off time. In they strolled. 4 tatooed, shaven headed, louger louts, with 2 BG's in tow. Have no idea country of origin. They abused the staff, abused the Bg's, drank loudly, had a food fight, and embarassed me of being part of the same human race. I ate quickly and left.

Got home, after golf and the GF was in tears. ????? What happened, my love ? She was shopping at Market at Soi Buacao and a drunken farang, who she had no clue who he was, just walked up to her with a leery grin and asked her for a BJ around the corner for 200Bht.

I have since moved to CM and I am a much happier---quiet drunk--- :-)

Steve,

That's why I think there should be a season on drunken idiots with a five head limit per hunter. Cull the herd as it were.

........................uhhhhmmmm...............

Oh, shit. I just realized I might be a possible target.

Uhh, scratch that idea. Really a bad one actaully. I was drunk at the time. Yeah that's it.

Well as an ex UK landlord I can assure you there is often the same problem at home. Every Landlords nightmare....a group of drunk idiots singing "here we go" crashing through the pub door at 10.

The trouble is that after they have caused a fight and been arrested they get released a few hours later and all to often no charges are brought. If they are charged they turn up in court in a suit and with a brief who says it was all a mistake and the landlord/pub staff/police were unreasonable etc. They get a slap on the wrist.

So the problem starts in the UK with our legal system.

I just keep hoping the Thai police will shoot a couple and it gets plasterd all over the UK press. That should cool their ardour.

So yes there is a problem with tiny minority of visiting Brits, and sometimes Germans. I have done my bit in trying to stop them when in the UK. But now I just go the other way....I would suggest others do like me.

Archived