Thai Chinese or not ?

Bkkshaggy,

The reason I asked any chance if she was from Sukhothai or Phitsanulok was while spending a bit of time in that area I did notice the local people using this word a lot, so any reason for you to think this word has nothing to do with Sukhothai or Phitsanulok or any other area north of Bangkok.

Local people in any province

Not any province, the Southern provinces never use this word

(incl Bangkok but not sure about Isarn dialect here)

I can not agree with you that Bangkok people are speaking this word unless they are originaly coming from the north,

So nothing Sukhothai or Phitsanulok about it

I would like to mention that I never said it was exclusive to the area of Sukhothai or Phitsanulok but this word is used in Sukhothai and Phitsanulok frequently so have to disagree with you on this point as well or either get my ears cleaned smile.gif

"I can not agree with you that Bangkok people are speaking this word unless they are originaly coming from the

north"

I hear this often being spoken by a female college grad friend of mine and her friends, none of whom are from outside Bangkok, by the way.

She has a habit of saying, 'chamale' meaning 'chai mai?' and winds up slurring it all together like, r'jabaichamale? (raw ja pbai, chai mai?) =)

Archived