I'm Fighting for YOUR Baht !!

zanemay

Mr. Sushi,

You make my point exactly. "holier-than-thou" "I am among the enlightened and anyone who does not think as I do is unlightened" or (perish the thought) INSENSITIVE. Just more generic PC. Totally predictable and boring, not to mention authoritarian and tyrannical.

[color:purple]

I exemplify your point , huh. My you are stretching things a bit too far here. Now you have labeled and catergorized me. Amazing, I disagree with you on some issues and the best way you can respond is to casually lump me into the very thing which you despise. Not a very intelligent or thought provocative way to discuss differeing points of view.

I am not "holier than thou" (my goodness man I indulge in the bittersweet delights of prostitution with financially strapped women), I do attempt to be sensitive and tolerant to groups that may feel unempowered or abused. I am aware of my own shortcomings and I don't think there is anything wrong with the process of striving to correct actions that hurt others.

Sorry Zane but I hate to tell you that women don't like to sexually harassed, Asians don't like to be called "slant-eyes", elderly competent workers don't like to be fired for being "too old", American Indians don't like it that professional sports teams use their liknesses as mascots, and homosexuals don't like to be physically attacked.

Sexism,racism and other forms of discrimination are wrong and we are all guilty of some transgression, yet we can all try to overcome those transgressions instead of taking the "well that is the way it is approach" and it is "not my problem" attitude.

Extreme practices of "PC" are dangerous and detrimental to everyone the same as your attitude about the "good old days" when "men were men" and the unwillingless to accept change.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The poster is not fighting for your baht or my baht, he is fighting for his baht." Okay, fine. While I fight for my baht, others benefit. If you don't want to benefit, don't.

[color:purple]

Save it buddy. You are only fighting for your baht and benefiting yourself with your negotiating tactics.

Your goals and actions are not altruistic (if you truly believe you are then there is a spot on President Bushs' team for you).

"Your goals and actions are not altruistic (if you truly believe you are then there is a spot on President Bushs' team for you)."

I liked that one. :-)

sorry to burst someones bubble,but after all it is a business and as usual everybody tries to to take the advantage on his/her side.as for the posted going rate,zane may seems not to far from the truth,as long as he is talking about pattaya.a longtime buddy of mine does not only live in pattaya,he is running a bar for 14 years now and would conformed the mentioned 500 baht going rate,which his girls do expect.an exception are the high season month december/january,then they demand 1000 baht,if you are not a repeated customer.so,where is he spreading around wrong informations or advises?

<<and please, don't try to educate me about the place i have been living for the last ten years.>>

i think you forgot to mentioned that you speak the language pretty well.

best regards,

cyberbeno4

I live in Pattaya and go with ladies from all sorts of venues except Go-Go Bars.

As long as any price for anything is negotiable, I will negotiate without a worry. The girls can and do say "no thanks" or they make a counter offer. It is all done in the spirit of fun. I can't help it if some girls feel pressured by the economy to the extent that they choose to do something they are not happy about. If a girl is not happy doing this then she should do something else. Most do. I know girls that were so unhappy working in bars that they couldn't even pretend to be happy. They went home. Many others are happy just fine working in bars and making easy money. Most girls are happy with me because I am considerate, speak a little Thai and truly like women. They are happy with me.

Today I had a fortune teller approach me with her cards. I was a little interested for the first time ever. "How much?" I asked her. "100 baht." 100 baht!!!!! The Thai girls pay 20 baht. Okay, I felt like she insulted my intelligence. I said, "No." No harm done, end of story.

However, I would think it is cruel and wrong to agree on a price, say 500 baht, and then try to pay 300 baht.

And many is the time when I respond to a special need, like extra money to pay rent. But that is with someone I know and like very much.

I did say that mainly I am fighting for my baht more than anyone else's, didn't I? I spend a lot of baht on girls by the way, usually a ST and LT almost every day. Almost always with regulars.

Mr. Sushi,

I did not mean to be too judgemental of you personally, it's just that American PC is a total nightmare in my opinion. Europe is not the same, although it may be dragged into it.

I go mainly with Black American women in the USA. They don't give a shit for women's lib or sexual harrassment. If someone bothers them, they either igonore them or tell them to fuck off. They think all this triviality is little white folks with too much money jerking off.

Take care,

Zane

Tiger Moth

>So, how do you determine how much you will pay.

Exactly. *I* determine what I pay. I do not give a monkeys as to what some one else pays, or think they should pay, or tell me I should pay...I decide based upon what it is worth *to me*....That figure should not matter a damn to you whether it is 500 or 5000...because what you should be concerned with is whats it worth *to you*????

-j-

Zane, and all,

Interesting thread. Some good thoughts and opinions brought up here. And I'm happy to see so many can agree to disagree and keep it civilzed. This has to be the most read thread ever in this section, a section not know for too much controversy and discussion.

Personally, I used to pay what the "going" rate was, as once you know what most pay/charge from talking with friends and reading the boards you can make a decision based on the facts you have at hand as to what is a fair exchange rate for the transaction. Whether I or anyone pays more (or less too) is up to I and anyone else and their financial circumstances and the desirability of the lady in question and your need to have her for the night.

A lot also has to do with being an ex-pat living in country, or being a guy with a few days vacation with enough money to blow that he doesn't really quibble over a few bucks extra. He just wants to have his fun during the time available to him, and the money is of a secondary concern to him. One thing I've noticed is that a lady who really doesn't like a guy, or find him attractive, interesting, or amusing enough to spend the night with, will raise her price to a high level for her..... uh, inconvenience. If he agrees she says hey, okay, at least I'll be well compensated for beng with this guy I don't really want to go with, for a few hours "work". I've seen the opposite too. If the lass likes the punter and finds him attractive, interesting, and/or amusing, and is in no dire need for cash at the time (having yesterday gone with the high paying guy she didn't really care for) she'll maybe say, "I like go with you! You just pay bar. I go you loom free!" Many variables in the bar scene I think.

Someone said here in this thread that there are a hundred different scenarios/factors for prices. I agree, maybe a thousand I'd say. But here is a "going" rate. Which does't mean you have to pay it, but it is a useful guide-line with which to make your decision to "buy", a horrible use of the word I know, but you are "purchasing" sex for money. What makes the LOS so great is you can usually get so much more than just sex for your money.

And the posters who are saying it isn't right to bargain, well, horse doodie I say. It's part of the culture in the LOS for a customer and merchant to bargain. The merchant will only go as low as they want and will accept for their services. Some people are uncomfortable with that. Especially as we are talking about buying the sexual services of another human being. But it can all be done politely, with good humor and good grace, without being insulting, and doesn't have the conontations it has so much in the western world, and can be fun, if done the right way.

As I'm sure and certain Zane does. I have myself. But usually I wouldn't even consider taking a lady who quotes an obviously inflated rate/price. I take it to mean she really would rather not go with me, for whatever reasons, and move on to one who would, who I find attractive.

Cent

Well Cent...

I really appreciate that you made the effort to weigh in here.

These days I have a problem determining the "going rate" for a lady because:

1. They come in so many sizes, shapes, forms, ages, and personalities.

2. They are available from so many venues: go-go bars, beer bars, Thermae, Sukhumvit Road, along the Beach in Pattaya, just walking around town and, if all goes well tomorrow, being delivered to one's room by a mutual friend.(We'll see. Ha!)

3. So often they say "Up to you." I welcome "Up to you," but nowdays I say something about what I will be giving them and I am at least looking for a nod of the head.

Sometimes, in some places, the "going rate" is pretty clear. I have heard the girls in a bar tell guys hours and exact amounts for ST. (I don't go with clockwatchers myself.) On the other hand, especially when a girl doesn't get barfined too often and they really want her to go, they say "Pay bar 200 baht. You give her...up to you and up to her..."

Sanuk Dee to all.

Zane May

Archived