Getting a visa for the Netherlands...

I went to the dutch embassy to get a visa for my T gf. few weeks later i come back with all documents that they asked for and the women at the office said it was all complete and would take tree days to get the visa.

then this monday it turns out that because it's the first time they send the hole thing to the ministry of immigration in the hague and it will now take 2 months for a reply.

not they only give false hope but they expect you to start asking the visa one month before departure including your ticket reservation, while the visa takes two months to get it. with other words fly to there first and get your visa a month after that. don't they have any common sense? they're just morons.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rizzo,

Normally it does take 3 days to get the VISA, but those bastards should have called you before sending it to The Netherlands. The reason for sending the documents is probably that they didn't have them all.

I had some problems myself the other day. I went there to get a VISA for my TG, it was also her first trip abroad.

They wanted to send it to Holland, because she didn't have a "proof of work" and some other document.

My brother in Holland signed some document wherein he guaranteed (financially) my wife's return to Thailand within 1 month.

I encountered the following problem:

They gave me a Dutch and an English paper which explained the needed documents.

I followed the Dutch paper, but that Thai woman at the Dutch Embassy insisted on the English paper which differed a little from the Dutch one, it asked for all documents while the Dutch paper gave options to choose from.

Anyway, they should always call the applier the next 1 or 2 days if problems are encountered. They encountered a problem in your case and they refused (or forgot) to call you.

I'm sorry for you, but I think you should call the Embassy about this and ask how and what as it is obviously no use for you to get that VISA in 2 or 3 months.

Goodluck!

thansk for your reply

indeed they didnt call me they would send. i was there on fryday and they told me i'd get the visa on wedesday unless something is wrong they call on monday. i told her i go back home saturday so i gave th number of my gf.

they called her on that monday and told her they send the documents to holland. no reason was given. so i called the embassy and i got that dutch women on the phone who goes about the visa and she didnt wanna even answer my question she said "ask your girlfriend".. of course i didnt leave it like that but before i even could finish my word she said "dag meneer..." and hung up. F*cking B*TCH!!! i was so pissed i could do nothing behind the telephone if she wanted she could ignore me again and again.

anyways i had the following things on fryday i was told it was complete and correct. especially the financial guarantee stuff.

- the paper filled in with pasphoto

- statement from her private university

- confirm

- my guarantee that she will go back (financially)

- a ticket reservation

- a passport valid for enough time

this was what i brought fryday and they said it was completed and correct.

and now they dont want to answer my questions and the documents are allready send to the hague. i have the aplication number and will call to the visa service but i doubt wheter that will make the process any faster.

Hi Rizzo,

that's a lousy thing the embassy pulled on you. They did call your GF on that monday, did they? Didn't they explain anything to her about why it was send to The Hague? In the embassies guidelines it is mentioned that it can happen that they send everything to The Hague, in which case a 2 to 3 month period is needed before a visa can be issued.

I understand your frustration, but they covered their asses. How long are you still gonna be in Thailand for or are you already back in Holland?

Good luck

Limbo

i'm back allready and working every day , so there i was staying awake till 4 am so that i could call the embassy to get the answer they didnt wanna tel my "ignorant" TG. The answer she gave me that night was "dag meneer." (that means like later alligator).

my gf scanned the document they give her, it only says it's send to the hague and takes 2 months but it doesnt say any reason. but at least the aplication number's there so i can call the visa service hoping they're willing to do their job and answer my simple question. after all i even paid that embassy f*cking 1200 bahts for it.

funny that i read in a newspaper today how the dutch government wants to start a campagne to get some norms into society. they better start with their own officials first.

Hi Rizzo,

I can imagine how screwed just must have felt when ignored on the phone.

I don't remember exactly anymore which documents are needed in order to get the VISA, but I think the "house registration" is also needed.

By the way, when they asked me if I wanted them to send the documents to The Hague, they told me about some "black list".

They will only send the documents to The Hague if not all documents are received. So The Hague will then decide whether your TG gets her VISA or not.

If she doesn't get that VISA they'll put her on a "black list".

Once on this list it'll be harder to get a VISA next time.

They have no reason and right to screw you like this.

And I understand the VISA is for your TG, but you are the person who's applying for it (for her), they should have contacted you instead of her.

Goodluck Rizzo.

Hi,

I see you will be her financial guarantee, so did you include things like bank-statements for the last three months, proof of employment for 1 year or more, and sufficient income, proof of relationship and whatnot? These days, such things are required, at least those that I know of. Much more documentation may be needed, and the visa-process may take anywhere from a few months, to 1 1/2 years, depending on where in the netherlands you live, even though the law says that decisions may only take up to 8 weeks

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

wouter,

i had the proof of employment for more then a year, and my income (enough for guarantee).

you cant proof a relation. guarantee was imporant and they told me it was correct.

i and her had all the documents they asked for a tourist visa.

getting a visa takes few months to 1 and a half year, who told you that?

or maybe you can tell your personal experience if you have one.

Zaad and Limbo thanks for your posts and support.

i'll tell the news when i have more because next week the documents should arive at visa service in the hague and i'll try to inform there in the hope that they are willing to do their job unlike that worthless B*tch at the Dutch embassy.

Archived