Getting a visa for the Netherlands...

From my experience, the Dutch visa section in Bangkok is a joke. I was and still am very disappointed in their service.

The immigration police in the Netherland is also a joke. When he knew who I was he changed his behavior instantly. It was so sick to find this in so-called developed country.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experience, the Dutch visa section in Bangkok is a joke... The immigration police in the Netherland is also a joke.

add the hole government to that list.

ow wait we don't even have a government anymore. :D

Hi Rizzo and also GTG,

personally I only have good experiences with the Dutch embassy sofar. They were very efficient but I must mention that I came very prepared and had all the necessary paperwork at hand.

However, I had never to deal with the visa dept yet. I only dealt with them re. my marriage papers and a new passport.

Most certainly when I will go to the visa dept I hope not to encounter any problems, like Rizzo or possibly GTG, although I'm not shure what kind of problems she had.

Anyway Rizzo, good luck and enjoy your time with the GF in Holland.

Cheers,

Limbo

Says think_too_mut:

>The immigration police in the Netherland is also a joke. When he knew who I was he changed his behavior instantly.

Guys, you see what happens if you shout through the counter

"I am GTG form NanaPlaza.com Board!!!"

Haa haaa...

The truth is it'd happened before I joined the board. I might try that again if the opportunity arises. :)

What makes me so sick is that that piece of info meant nothing to me but it could change his attitude instantly.

::

>So, you did visit Holland? Did you like it, besides the immigration hassle?<

I like the 'Lower Land' very much :)

The people were very nice to me - very helpful when we got lost and all that.

I found that they dressed very nicely and fashionable even old people. :)

Amsterdan and Rotterdam were different. I had to take precaution like when I am in any other big cities. You'll never be too careful. But nothing happened and everything went smoothly. I really enjoyed all the museums and the boat tours.

Archived