"Scared" of Patpong...

MooNoi

I will join the common consensus here and say a trip to the LOS is not a trip at all unless you visit the 'pong.

Lord knows I have had my difficulties with a few bars, particularly bill padding and drink pricing bullshit. My latest peeve can be found in another thread in this section - taxis getting out of the 'pong.

But, despite all the crapola, I still enjoy visiting the 'pong about once a month. Yes, I do prefer NEP, Soi Cowboy and freelancer places. However, you really can find a few undiscovered gems in bars like Kiss, Goldfinger (yes!), Safari, Pink Panther, and even known scamster joints like King's Group and Thigh Bar. Hell, I found a keeper in an upstairs Kings' Group Bar (QC1) the other night that was oustanding. You just never know.

Also, as mentioned, you have some interesting places on Patpong 2 (Cosmos, Crown Royale, Executive, King's Garden), and other places such as discos around as well.

There really is something for everyone in the 'pong, and, for better or worse, you should drop by at least once per visit to Bangkok.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys sure covered all the bases on this one. Reading your colorful descriptions makes my mouth water for another Megadose. smile.gif

The place isn't for everyone, but for me it's like this: Patpong = Action!!

The place just sizzles with energy and really has the edge over NEP in this respect. I don't know what it is exactly - the variety, the best girls, the rip-offs, the barkers, the neon, the lewd sex, the danger... guess it's all these and more. All I know is its exhilarating and I cannot imagine going to BKK without visiting the 'pong several times. In fact, I'm ashamed to say I've been too good on my last few trips when I visited the place; I have inexcusably failed to BF any girls there in well over a year and yes - I know I deserve a severe flogging for this unpardonable offense!

Next trip though I plan on making up for my misconduct by barfining several of the 'pongs very finest go-go girls (you have to get this out of your system every now and then). smile.gif

One last comment: During my many excursions there I have encountered just about every kind of scam the place has to offer; from pickpockets, to bin-swapping fast-floozies, to the most aggressive touts on the planet who will spit on you when ignored. And, other than maybe paying for two or three ladydrinks I didn't order and the loss of a few toys for entertaining the girls, I've never been ripped off there. Amazing!!

ST

There really is something for everyone in the 'pong, and, for better or worse, you should drop by at least once per visit to Bangkok.

---------------------

If only for old time sake. I kind of like the busy souvenir market, great people-watching, and somehow, a BKK sight in itself. I also like to check if I still project the right kind of vibes every year, it will be 10 years shocked.gif next trip since a tout approached me and tried to get me in a gogo blush.gif . A record! I reckon so, as our friend Pale rider likes to say.

lot's of good reasons to goto the pong at least once per visit to LOS, but why doesn't anyone mention the great freelancer pickup place: music cafe! admitted drinks are not the cheapest in town running perhaps 130 heinekens, but there often gems or fun loving gals to be found. totally different than the lady boy playground of kings corner, which still ain't that bad. also beer bars can be good. at least cheaper than suk soi10 rip offs!

enjoy!

In reply to:

Patpong also has straight nightclub type places with live bands such as Radio City where you can take a Thai or farang GF.

...maybe. Patpong has this reputation as the Farang red light hang out. Whenever my staff talk about or elude to Farangs misbehaving, the story always centers around Patpong. I never hear anyone mention NEP or any bars on Sukhumvit, but I will hear comments about Patpong. Caribou has a song about Patpong, but I have not heard a single song about Nana. Patpong seems to be a symbol of the Farang sex tourist. And for this reason, many of my staff wouldn't be caught dead there.

But there is an exception. There is definitely a younger, less tradition bound generation coming up. Some of the more adventurous in this group will venture over to Music City, etc. Hmm...probably a good reason for me to avoid Patpong wink.gif

I couldn't have described PP better than SHORT-TIME did.Patpong=action. If you are looking for a quiet,relaxed,hassle-free night out , better skip PP unless you know the place.

Pity that LORD TOADS message was so short.He is probably one of the few members who could tell a lot about PP.

P.S. SARISIN, could you explain why you think the KingsGroupsbars are scamsterjoints?

twoluckyone,

I wrote about the bill padding here previously. So did others such as Ranger. They treat you like a clueless tourist who will not challenge the addition of a thousand baht or more in your cup. I did challenge them and got them to reduce my bill to what it should have been. But, why should one have to do that? It ruins the entire evening when you have to haggle over bullshit like that.

Don't get me wrong there are other bars that try this crap such as Thigh Bar. They make it incumbent on you to discover their 'errors' and point it out to them either gently or forcefully - up to you.Sadly, most just pay up without a peep. They actually are counting on this.

I think the quality of the girls in KingsGroup Bars is without question the best in the 'pong and really they do have cheaper barfines and drinks than in most NEP bars. However, they also tend to get very aggressive for ladydrinks and barfines. That I can handle, but again, who needs it?

In the final analysis, each person chooses gogo bars that maximize the fun and number of great ladies and minimizes the scams or chickenshit you have to deal with. IMO, KingsGroup gogo bars just don't make the grade for me. Having said that, I still go back from time to time to see if there have been any changes or approvements.

Unfortunately, it is usually business same as usual. frown.gif

Just my opinion: I think "bill padding" isn't the right word for what happens in the KGbars.

What I experienced in some of their bars (CamelotCastle especially) is, that as soon as you buy a drink for one girl, in no time you're surrounded by two or three others who also ask for a drink. AND some of them have the nasty habit to order a coke without asking you first and then coming over to you and clink glasses with you to get approval for the drink AFTERWARDS.In this situation you will see that the girl who bought the drink, puts the ticket in your cup and not a waitress.

As Lord Toad said in his post: DON'T clink glasses with a girl unless you agreed to buy her a drink.

Archived