Analyze your fantasy team's performance

I thought I'd start a thread where the more serious-minded fantasy league members can analyze and summarize their team's performance. Who are the stars of the team? Which players are on the list for a free transfer out? Could be quite interesting. Then again I'm just a sad anorak.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very disappointing 43 points for the Bangkok Mouths this week, and the fact that Baros got taken off after 59 mins just about summed it all up. To be fair, if I had the chance to meet Thierry Henry in the flesh, I?d probably kiss him full on the mouth with a bit of tongue, because the bugger?s carrying me on his own at the mo (18 points this week)

Funny how this game can make you eat your words because I said that I wouldn?t buy Owen for love nor money and he gets a hat-trick, but at least the ever reliable Gerrard managed to get in an assist. I?m just worried that if Baros doesn?t score goals then he?ll be keeping the bench warm next to Gerard Houllier (call an ambulance if me face turns blue)

In a foolish last minute move, I took out Middlesbro?s Ehiogh, and you can?t go wrong with Boro players right now. Steve McClaren?s got them really buzzing - to use a tired old footballing cliché.

I stood with the much-loved 2-5-3 formation, but a return of 1 point from your two defenders just isn?t good enough. In fact, I?m wondering what the advantages are of having Sol Campbell in your team apart from the fact he plays every week. The less said about Danny Mills the better. Correction. The less said about Leeds the better.

I?ve stuck with Steed Malbranque of Fulham in midfield, not only because he?s got a cool name but because last season he was either banging ?em in the net or setting them up. This season, he?s there to make up the numbers. I?ll give him another week or two because the week I get rid of him will be the week he scores a double hat-trick.

Up front I?m not sure whether to stick with Anelka or not. Man City don?t seem to be scoring a whole lot of goals and I think Anelka is always better around January/February time when he can wear his silly gloves.

But all is not lost. I?ve still got the Birmingham game and Robbie Savage. However the way things have gone this week, I?d probably be better off with fuckin Lily Savage.

Bloody hell - I am still trying to figure out the nuances of this game. The 4 points transfers really do change things, particularly that values do not rise as sharply as last year. Quite simply, people are using their one freebie, and then holding back. Anyhow, good fun.

Not sure, really, how smart a buy Baros is. Will he split duty with Diouf now that Owen is back? I do not see his value decreasing, but I wonder how many weekly scores of "1" he might post?

Terrible managing on my part as of yet. Lost 18 points by putting a young Arsenal lad, no less, on the bench this week, and another dozen or so odd points by pasing over Henry as my skipper last week. Mistakes, mistakes.

Agree about Arsenal for now, Phil, though wonder how much that might change as they move deeper into Europe. Might be several Henry-less matches come 2003.

froggo

I am completly gutted that I also put Toure as a sub, I always have at least one player whose does not play but not this week they all played and my number 1 super sub stays on the bench,

The four points for the transfers will have to be done from time to time to reorganise the team, making the right moves at the right time will be the key to not losing to many points and going to collect the fun in the sun holiday,

Funny thing I noticed all the guys in the top half of our league made the free transfer except one, and in the bottom half only one guy made the transfer, who happened to be the nortoious Mr. Long Gone by the way,

Got to agree with you Froggo that you will have to watch out for the Henry-less games that are bound to happen while he gets his rest time,

A question ? ; Last year if your captain was not playing the new player coming in did not become captain i think ???

This year the new player coming in does become captain I have noticed that in the new game at least.

Glad you started this thread Phil, I was thinking of doing it myself.

I really fancied Owen to score this week although I never thought he'd gat a Hat-Trick.

I dropped a bollock last week my not having Henry as my captain. Although I made sure he was this week.

I was watching the Liverpool game last night when the commentator said in the 55th Min that Diouf was ready to come on. I was praying the ball would stay in play but alas the change was made for Baros after about 58 mins.

Inamoto was similar in that he came off in the 55th min.

ah well only 2 points lost.

One thing I was wondering.

We all have our favourite team but this game does ruin that in some ways. I found myself feeling pleased when Van Niistleroy scored, not good for a Liverpool fan.

Phil as a Man U fan what would you think if Stevie Gerrard got a couple for you next week? It's a strange feeling.

Cant complain so far as my Pansies currently lie in 2nd spot.

Agreed there will be Henry-less games or games/period when he might go goaless (like end of last season). I'm trying to mitigate the risk with a combination of team formation changes and/or finding regular scoring strike partners. Re the latter, I am not yet convinced Anelka fits this category. That said, as so many people have Henry, we all suffer the same fate wink.gif.

I would still like to make a few changes to the midfield and strikers. But the 4 points deduction is a bummer and slowing this process. Will just have to bite the bullet sometime.

And finally, not really sure how useful it is to have an expensive defender like Ashley Cole. I was hoping that Arsenal would keep more clean sheets, Cole in particular to perhaps have decent number of assists and score from time to time. So far he's generated decent points, but there are others who are better value..plus could use the money else where and free up a place for maybe another Arsenal player smile.gif

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who analyzes all this fantasy league stuff far too deeply.

I agree with Zion that costly defenders are a waste of time and if you look at the points charts, certain Charlton and Bolton defenders have got just as many as Sol Campbell for example.

I also agree that you tend to turn against your own team in a way. I actually muttered "bastard" under my breath when Giggsy got the second goal against Charlton and then "bastard" again when he set up RVN for the third, just because some of the members had him in their team and I didn't. How sad is that!?! LOL

I'll be out shopping for an Arsenal shirt next.

Phil

Buzzing and Boro are not the right words......McClaren is a fucking genious! When was the last time your saw an EPL player afforded so much time on the ball, in the oppositions 18 yard box, like Geremi was against Spurs to simply take a look, tee up his shot and bang home the second to take the mighty smog monsters to the dizzy heights of 3rd in the EPL. I told Phiket Pete that the Boro were going places when i saw him in Bus Stop back in early Sept.

I hated Roy Keanes speed read but he was right on one point McClaren is a genius. Sad to say, I think the t'side lads will loose him in a couple of seasons.

I think the fella at the top of Nana P League is fortunate to have picked a lad that plays defence, was in the right place at the right time and flourished in what should have been a tough day in West Yorks.

I can't work ou the EPL this year..... once again, has Roy Keanes autobiogrphy had the wrong impact on the EPL. So many times he slags pro's off for not turning on the class unless they play UTD. Roy, you have spoken and maybe as Anne Robinson would say..you are the weakest link. Just look at the table Roy!

The Arse players will always keep the fantasy points going but I think that the Nana League, with all its problems early on, may see a manager, who know his stuff, really show his abilty to pick a team...in essence pure working class English Genius.

Back to Cloughie's book now....christ, what a smashing t'side fella. Eeeeeee our Brian!

Archived