Analyze your fantasy team's performance

Another point to consider is that sometimes the automatic subs save you !

I had 3 leeds players in my team until woodgate got subbed and replaced by thomson of blackburn. a nice bonus of 4 points.

The problem I have with these comps is I am always tempted to chase the form players. The result usually is Murphys Third Transfer Law - the player you just sold will become the player of the week and the one you just bought is a donkey who just hit a lucky patch.

The biggest disapointment must surely be Beckham, I bought him for the free kicks and assists and what happens ? Giggs, Veron and even Forlan are scoring but not him! A free transfer beckons ( followed by the inevitable 20 point weekend no doubt )

I hate these large squads where people can come in for 2 or 3 weeks then suddenly disappear - thanks Manu U / Arsenal / Liverpool etc.

oh the joys of management......

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to start a rumor or anything but apparently Henry took a knock in the mid-week game and is rated at 50-50 for this Saturday.

I've decided to stick with the same squad for this weekend (although I was very tempted to bring Giggs in) surely they can't be as bad for a second week running.

Annoyingly, Steed Malbranque of Fulham put on another UEFA supershow (1 goal and 1 assist) I just need him to start doing it on a Saturday.

I decided to use my free transfer and get rid of Arsenal's Luzhny and replace him with Rufus of Charlton (a gamble I know but at least Rufus always gets a place in the starting line-up)

Totally agree with Long Gun in an an earlier post. How the fuck is Toure of Arsenal being classed as a defender?

I'm furstrated after only two weeks in the League but refuse to make a transfer yet. Do I really have such faith in my team or am I too weak to gamble on putting Hibbert in the squad in the hope of Everton keeping a clean sheet at Utd and Hibbert scoring a hat trick.....Bollocks!

Bowyer has temporarily lost his form. At least I hope so. I was fuming that he didn't score against Arsenal last week but I have the patience to stick with him and I am sure that this weekend against Villa will be the ideal spring board....or I will convince myuself that he is an expensive luxury. Howay Lee, pull you finger out for us will ya!

My other conundrum is whether to draft in Giggs for Ljungberg. Gigsies' salvo against the Valiants would have been greatly recieved by my lack lustre midfield, what with Freddie missing the Leeds game. I feel Giggs could be a good performer this year but so too could Freddie.

The Sun also ran an article today about how Freddie is suffering from acute migraines....an exclusive! If this means him missing more games and the odd Anadin or two won't do the trick then Giggs will be in.

As for Robbie Keane? Apparently he missed some real sitters in the Worthington Cup fixture this week and appears to be lacking in confidence. I thought that Sheringham would have been the ideal foil for him and that he would be an instant, point scoring success..... wrong!

Please, please, please let my team get 85+ points this weekend!

Ljundberg has suffered migraines for several years now, I believe, but for the most part he only misses the very occasional match b/c of them. IMHO, he is not a fantasy risk in that realm.

Agree about R.Keane and Hibbert - not clear about to do with these two for the upcoming week. No worries about Bowyer, though. I am sure he will do fine.

Toure as a defender? Well, he does play this position sometimes, just not of late. Remember last year when Robert was a striker in cyki?

froggo

All this week's plans have gone pear shaped, I was going to bring in Freddie for Kewell as I thought he strolled around like tart looking totally disinterested last Saturday till he scored late on.

Now Freddie goes and gets a blinding migraine and says "It usually takes 2 or 3 days to clear up, but I hope to play on Sunday" and TH14 limps of at Auxerre with a hamstring twinge and is rated 50/50. No offence to Tina's manager but if it was a top 6 team and not Sunderland I reckoned he'd be a starter. I'm loathe to bring in any Mancs, I still have some morals smile.gif, so I don't know.

Decisions Decisions .. Its enough to drive a man to drink.

Cheers

K

Looking at the stats, Kewell seems to be doing pretty well. I'm certainly running the rule over him: classed as a midfielder, but playing often as a striker, he's scored as many points as Giggs, yet has played one fewer game.

I've got the Bowyer problem at the minute. I was going to swap him for Giggs but other transfers took priority. Now Giggs' value has leapt 0.2 while Bowyer's price looks to be going down any time now. Wanting to make 3 or 4 changes to my squad, prioritising transfers is my major pain at the moment. At the moment in my squad, I'm not convinced about Traore, Etherington, Bowyer and maybe Dunn. They're OK, but I think I can squeeze more value out.

Looks interesting this week with Henry probably out. With the star striker being such a vital component of the team, I've pondered an emergency swap with Van Nistlerooy..

This management lark is really doing my head in now.

Do I drop Henry on the basis that he is unlikely to start against Blunderland. The Arsenal official web-site rates his chances of starting as 50/50. I am sure Wenger won't risk him and will play Kanu up front but then again if he does start he is bound to bag at least a brace and chip in with an assist here or there. The whole debacle is making my life a misery.

I'll be chucking a tea cup across the room in a minute!

Yeah, agreed Kewell does get some decent points, I was looking for reasons to get rid off him to bring in Freddie and because of the price it had to be Kewell out. However thats neither here nor there for another fortnight now.

I think everyone can take it as a given Henry will start tomorrow purely because I've just sold him.

Cheers

K

"I was looking for reasons to get rid off him to bring in Freddie and because of the price it had to be Kewell out"

I've had situations like that and I'm coming to the conclusion that it may be a good to leave yourself with some spare cash in the kitty so that you can be more flexible. If not, reorganising, especially between different areas of your team, can be a real pain.

"Do I drop Henry on the basis that he is unlikely to start against Blunderland"

You could start him. If he doesn't play, one of your substitutes will automatically be applied. I don't know what would happen if he were your captain though. Would the substitute be made the captain?

(By the way, I feel like I'm compulsively giving away management secrets on these threads! HAVE TO ReSOlve TO S T A Y aW AY.....)

Performance of the week (so far) is surely that of Phiket Pete who comes from mid-table obscurity to second place on the strength of a 26-point performance from good old Alan Shearer.

Reasonably happy with my haul of 21 points from 3 players (12 points from Ehiogh) moving me up into 5th but there's a long way to go yet.

One thing's for sure - Anelka has to go! OK he's sure to get a few goals along the way but this is his second '2-point' performance in a row and he's a bloody expensive addition to the team. You'd be far better off with a Middlesbro striker methinks.

Man City it must be said, look relegation material. So much for the pre-season hype.

Back on the subject of Shearer, I saw the first half of the Newcastle vs Baggies game and he was fuckin' lucky to get that first goal. I thought that Newcastle had the ref on their side for the whole game but that doesn't detract from the fact that West Brom look very average and totally devoid of ideas.

Archived