Analyze your fantasy team's performance

Why did I drop Stockdale.

McClaren hit the nail on the head in the post match interview "....Bolton could have been a banna skin ".... and I thought the same. A very poor decission on my part on saturday morning.

Still, not to worry. Spent most of yesterday evening wishing that I hadn't taken the Captaincy away from Henry and in the end returned a modest 50 pts.

For me the jury is out, not for the first time, on Bowyer and the Leeds team in general. I thought 'Tel had the team buzzing but it appears that the good start to the season could have been a flash in the pan.

Not sure about going fo a Boro striker. Will Maccarone keep banging them in? It appears to me, having watched the extended highlights last night, that a Boro midfielder could chip in with a few goals this season, plenty of assists and with 2 points for a clean sheet then that to me may be worth a shout and get you a fair return. I'd have to say that its more likley to be Geremi rather than Boateng....only joking or am I.

As you say, long way to go yet but fair play to Pete and his confidence in Shearer. Performace of the week. Out of interest what was the best individual haul from a player last season?

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what the best points performance of last season was, but I remember Lundbergh racking up a huge amount in the final month or so.

I got a very acceptable 55 points this week in what was probably a lower scoring week than last. My decision to switch the captaincy from Henry to Gerrard didn't cost me too dear but it would have been nice to see Gerrard get at least an assist.

Interesting to note that Toure, one of last weeks superstars, came on as a sub with 20 mins to go and scores one point for this week.

It's definitely swings and roundabouts with this fantasy league stuff.

I'm going to get rid of Anelka before the next round of games but 9 million doesn't buy you a great deal in the striker department at the moment.

Whoa is me....

What a difference a week makes.

Last week I was rubbing shoulders with the All Blacks and the Frogs up in the top 10, and this week even Choco Steve's boy's are above me !

But wait ! I still have a slim hope as two of my players are still yet to play.

Let's hope for a double hat trick from Giggs and Radzinski and I can hold my team up with the Soi Park Gooners!

Cheers !

Disapointing week so far.

I was Bold on Saturday and made 2 subs. Worked out OK cos Ljunberg the second player I bought in got 4 points. Toure was disapointing though.

I had two players who did not start but came on as a Sub will these engage the automatic sub rule or not?

2 points from these two players is shite.

Due to his injury worry I was actualy going to Swap Henry for Shearer this week (as West Brom will always leak goals) alas I never.

Still have 3 Man Ure players to shine tonight. Not sure if I hope thay do or not.

Still cant believe Henry didn't score, useless bastard!

Gotta be happy with this week?s 66pts, apart from bloody Owen costing me another 4 pts with that late winner. Still mustn?t be greedy.

I?m quite amazed the Shearer for Henry gamble paid off, I even groaned when he trotted out into the Highbury sunshine yesterday as I felt he could still outscore Shearer. It was a tossup between him and a Boro forward to come in for Henri as both Boro and Newcastle were playing shite opposition combined with the fact I was convinced Wenger would rest Henri anyway. Luckily I opted for ?Big Al?.

2 weeks off now to ponder a midfield clear out, these Leeds players just aren?t delivering. Both Kewell and Bowyer haven?t lived up to the pre-season promise. I have Dunn and Murphy also in the same boat.

Can?t do much till after the internationals anyway as there are bound to be a few crocks.

Enjoy the rest lads.

Cheers

I dropped Stockdale too but only because I was already playing Schwarzer and Southgate. I thought I'd spread my risks out a bit. Played Toure instead..frown.gif

Nearly any Boro player is a bargain at the moment but I'd agree that you shouldn't squander that precious clean sheet potential on a striker.

Thought I'd played a master-stroke this week, replacing Traore for Newcastle's Andy Griffin at a bargain 3.5m just before Liverpool played a potentially dangerous Chelsea side. Newcastle were about to face West Brom at home. Wouldn't you have thought that Griffin would pick up a certain 6 points? frown.gif And now Traore's back in the frame as Henchoz's out for 5 weeks.

Bit of a funny week with Kanu continuing to shine but still in only 420 teams! (Phil - what about him instead of Anelka?) I might have snapped him up already if I didn't already have a full complement of Arsenal players.

On an aside, I was relieved to see that Henry and Wiltord had received points for assists when their efforts had been pushed out by the goaly, only for the scorer to pounce, but why didn't Bowyer get any such assist points for Kewell's strike last week? Seems as though everyone's got it in for him..

Toure's proving to be a bit of a tricky one to handle - when I don't play him, he scores 18 points, but when I do, he comes on for only the last 12 minutes and gets just 1 point.

Next out for me - it's between Etherington and Bowyer, but should I wait for possible injuries in the internationals?

Agree wholeheartedly w/ Bibblies about that Kewell goal. Cannot figure out why Bowyer rcvd no credit for that, while Henry/Wiltord did. Or maybe assists and "excellent performances" are being confused?

Did Henry/Wiltord get points for "excellent performances," and Bowyer not? Don't like the subjectivity involved in these excellent performance points. But we already covered that point in an earlier thread, so I am being repetitive.

froggo

There also appears to be a bit of subjectivity on which transfer values go up and down. It's not, as the rules suggest, based purely on supply and demand. I noticed that the value of Giggs went up 3 times last week on relatively light traffic whereas the values of more heavily bought or sold players didn't alter.

Bowyer should be down by now, just going on the ratio of Transfers Out to In, but isn't. Toure should be up by much more (1324 buys to 190 sells). Kanu's up at last but on pretty light buying.

Regarding players values.

I think it is a fault in the game that if you sell a player you get the original value back rather than the value he currently is.

Just moaning as I had a bad week with 3 players picking up one point and one player (Unsworth) getting 0.

Archived