Sign outside a bar

radioman

Driving down Suk Soi 3 today I passed the Bamboo Bar. On the gate at the left, which I think leads to another area behind, but still seems to be the same establishment, I saw a large sign, black lettering on a white background I think.

BEWARE OF THE DOG

My goodness, only the one!

There is a reason for that sign. The owner of the Bamboo Bar is from Malta, and his Russian wife has several dogs at the location (their home is behind the main bar building).

One of their dogs is a very friendly, but also a very intimidating looking black mastif, weighing in at about 60 kg. When that massive creature comes running toward a stranger, the stranger is likely to panic. So - the sign at least gives visitors headed around back some sort of "head's up".

Late mornings and early afternoons, the dogs are typically lounging around the pool tables inside, but they are banished to imprisonment out back by mid-afternoon.

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

Stone Soup said;

"Late mornings and early afternoons, the dogs are typically lounging around the pool tables inside, but they are banished to imprisonment out back by mid-afternoon. "

My guess is there are a few dogs lounging around the pool tables, and elsewhere in the bar, right up until the time they close.

Twas meant to be humourous, maybe I really am warped, or just been here tooooo long. No no, impossible.

Archived