"Respectable" Thai reactions to bars/NEP

lotus

In the book "Cold Hit" By C.G.Moore (the one that features the web message board for people into the BKK bar scene which has it's members murdered hmmm), there is a great description of a Thai guy who has been living in the US, who goes to NEP for the first time, and stands in the middle gobsmacked "can this really exist in my country".

This reminded me of several years ago, I met up with a friend and a Thai lady government official (a respectable occupation? maybe not) at the Nana hotel, and of course had to walk past NEP (completely unplanned on my part of course...). She looks into the Plaza. "what's in there then"

"er, nothing really"

"I want to look"

She looked around in amazement at the three floors of total sexual depravity, we end up walking with her around the Plaza, all floors, and end up in Carnival and witness a stage show which shocked even myself (really). She seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself and the chance to see something she could not on her own.

Contrast this with an English girl I once took into a Patpong bar. Total disgust, we had to leave after 5 minutes. Who needs English girls anyway...

On the subject of that C.G. Moore book "Cold Hit" I think it was originally titled "Nana Plaza" I wonder why it was changed? The German edition is still called Nana Plaza. Great read though!!

Hi Lotus!

About ten years ago, NEP ground were not occupied by open bars but just used as parking lot. Thai police once posted lady policemen in NEP may be for only several week/months?

They are well dressed with police cap & uniform which fit their slim body and of-course they carried hand-gun. I remember one police lady who was really lovely and charming, further she looked interested in what's going on in the bar where already girls were showing everything.

Please tell me, if anybody know Thai police posting lady policemen to NEP.

RE Rusty:

"One babe I was chatting to in the Nana lobby told me she was a radio control operator at Lumpini nick! "

------------------------------------------------------

Or did she mean 'Radio controlled from Lumpini nick'?!?!

M.

Archived