Good book on Patpong

Even though Nick's book is mostly photos they do tell a story much better than anything in than Patpong sister's. Nick once told me that her book was "bullshit" and I have to agree. These women no matter what you'd like to think don't have the fun glamorus life described in Patpong sister's. I can't say I am real old hand but have been on and off the scene for just over ten years. I've gotten to know some of the girls and I have found very few who really like what they do. The truth of the matter is the majoriy of these girls end up broke, addicted to drugs or dead. I'm not passing any judgements on the scene as a whole but if you think that little 18-year old you were with last night really fell in love with you and thinks you are so handsome just keep in mind you are paying them. To become a prostitue in Thailand is the lowest thing a girl can do as far as Thai society is concerned. These girls do it out of desperation not out of wanting to experience fun with farang.

The author of patpong sisters had a web site with long video clips of herself talking about the book and her time in PP.Anybody else remember looking at it?

I liked Nick's pics but it it's a pity he did not put more into the text. Some stories of the girls in the pics would have made looking at them more meaningful.

A great book on LOS nightlife remains to be written, I suggest stick does the pics and BKK phil does the text.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by V. Calvino:

Even though Nick's book is mostly photos they do tell a story much better than anything in than Patpong sister's. Nick once told me that her book was "bullshit" and I have to agree. rang.

In my opinion, while BKK Phil does know how to write, most of the things I've seen him post seem rather negative. As if all this Thai nightlife stuff is beneath him.

I suggest Stickman pen the ultimate book you say has yet to be written.

Archived