Buying out the Girl "Forever" from the Bar

the_numbers

I was wondering what stories were out there regarding the pay a permanent barfine for a girl --proposal... what are they at now around 9,000Baht -- this is true for some soi cowboy bars.

I had a girl I've known for quite a bit at soi cowboy swear that none of that money goes to her or he girls, which is quite logical in the barfine mentality of the payment. Anyone stretched these relations over more than a year just checking in, and taking the girl??

Would seem that things would sour, or she would switch bars oftentimes, and it is more banking on a short term relationship, or her becoming your girlfriend>>

Maybe it makes economic sense if you are quite smitten -- then again probably sets up that old problem of seriously having an issue if you try to go back to that bar, and get another girl --

looking for some stories to get a feel for how this pans out...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bar gets all the money.

From my experience....

It has never worked out for me and I have tried it twice.

They will eventually seek out greener pastures if you are not providing one....

I had a Bkk beer bar girl who I stayed 2 weeks with in May tell me I could pay the bar 7,000 baht and never have to barfine her on any subsequent visits. I considered that as the daily fines I paid exceeded 5,000 baht, and I plan to see her again on subsequent trips.

I had no intention of having her leave the bar and me support her as I do not live in Thailand, and am currently only visiting here on holidays. I thought I read on a past post that some bars give the girls 20 - 30 percent of this LT barfine payment.

I could pay the bar 7,000 baht and never have to barfine her on any subsequent visits

---------------------------------

Another type of time-share arrangement, I guess!tongue.gif

PS: joking aside, how long do you think a girl stays working at the same place? Count in months, please (i give you that much)... You guys are being swindled, and good luck if you think you will get your lifelong BF back when you find out she does not work there anymore!

One of the bigger Nana gogo is officially asking for 10 000bht..actually 2000 would go to the girl.

It can make sense if you plan to barfine her more than 13 days...e.g. go on holiday..etc. and she can return easlily to work in the same bar or bar chain.

Not sure if she fades out without the permant bf is paid, if she can go back to the same bar even when she is quite popuilar/good looking?

It is a waste of money if you plan taking full responsibility and taking here out of the bar - there would be no reason to pay that amount - just let her stop.

It all a scam IMO.

The girl can just quit. They are not owned by the bar. Some bar owners would beg to differ of course.

Thing is the bar owner will be concerned the punter is just trying to avoid paying barfine for a few weeks or whatever if they get wind she's going to stay with a guy. Legit concern IMO.

I talked to one girl several months ago. A guy had paid 6000B to take her out of the bar (months Barfine). Supposedly this was partly for her protection. Mamasan said she would get 3000B if things didn't work out and she had to return to work at the bar. Well, the relationship lasted all of a week. Guess how much the girl got from Mamasan. Zero of course.

My last BG GF I took out of this same bar. She'd worked the bar for a total of 27 days, 3 days with no bar fines, then I payed 24 consecutive ones through the end of the month. I though fine, end of the month, she can get her 3000B odd pay, and quit, no problems. But no, I got hit up for 6000B. I refused. Mamasan got extremely jai rawn (to the point of shocking her customers), farang not fair, girl would never work in pattaya again, blah blah blah, threatened to make a phone call to who knows who. I'd never seen a thai so irate. GF hesitated, but we left without paying and she did not get paid either. Mamasan was pissed. If you think about though, she got 4800 in barfines from me that month, and didn't even have to lift a finger or pay out a single baht, so she should be happy. Still I avoid the area of that bar when in Pattaya.

I ask a bar owner I know, and trust, about what the ?buying a girl out of a bar? was all about and couldn?t the girls simply quit when ever they wanted. He laughed and told me both he and the girls loved it. The ? buy out? at his bar is 10,000 Bt. He gets 7,000 Bt, the girl gets 3000. He said that nothing stops the girls from quitting for some period of time then returning, especially if they are good. Even if they can?t get into the same bar again, not something that is very likely since all the bars want as many girls as they can get, there is always another bar.

Naturally the girls go along with this scam since they get the 3000 Bt plus what ever you pay them each day. Even at this, it can make sense if you are here on vacation and want to buy out a girl for long enough. The only problem is that she may change dramatically when she no longer has the incentive of you paying for her on a daily basis. If you buy her out she may well start believing she owns you, not the other way around.

"i totally agree with you

ladies are free to leave anytime they want

there is nothing to pay to the bar owner"

The Master has spoken. I consider that the final word. (But please, everyone, DO keep paying those lifetime bar fines, as the world NEEDS more humor.)

Archived