spot a celebrity

Has anyone seen a celeb sanuking in the LOS ?

The Thierry Henry thread is an urban myth I think.

Ive seen Jimmy White the snooker supremo in soi Cowboy.

Go on tell all. smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stood next to Adam West (the original Batman) in the urinals at Pam's Bar in Soi Cowboy. I asked him if his batmobile was parked outside (just to be friendly) and he muttered 'funny fucker' under his breath.

These super heroes can be a real pain.

And I remember queueing for a McFish and fries at McDonalds at the bottom of Siam Center and heard a familiar voice behind me. I spun around and it was none other than Aussie painter, songwriter, and all-round top bloke Rolf Harris. He signed the back of a McDonalds value meal flyer for me, and was chuffed to hear that 'Two Little Boys' is one of my favorite songs of all time and still brings a tear to my eye.

Gary Glitter in Patong (before the shit hit the fan, News of the World did not believe me when I told them what he was up to, that week of the Jimmy White story with the Katoeys on the front page. The reporter said the knew they were ladyboys but would need a medical certificate to prove it if it went to court so put the pic there so people would figure it out themselves)

Kenny G (Limelight bar in Patpong)

Scary Spice Phuket Go Go

Ronnie Wood Phuket Go Go

Prince Andrew ! (I did not see him but he was there in Rock Hard Phuket recently)

Slash in Soi Sunset Irish bar Patong

Yanii (Shagging everything that moves in Phuket)

My two most memorable brushes with fame were both in Birmingham. One was when ex-boxing champion Alan Minter chatted up my girlfriend while I was in the toilet, and lets face it if he'd wanted to shag her, I'd have been the last man to stand in his way.

The second one was goalkeeper Tony Coton who said "what the fuck are you looking at?" in a Birmingham nightclub. He's a very nice man is Tony.

But back to Bangkok, I've seen Peter Withe in the Huntsman pub and gave him a thums up and said "Alright Pete" the way that annoying people like me tend to do.

And in the bar at the Imperial Queen's Park I stood next to John Oates of Hall and Oates fame, and I'll tell you this - he's a bleedin' shortarse.

Should be plenty of opportunity at the end of July when the Man U squad hit LOS. Who wants to start a sweep as to who will be seen where?

I've seen Mick Hucknall putting some flowers on a war grave in Kanchanaburi, last October or November I think.

I'm also pretty sure I saw Jimmy Nail riding an elephant in Ayuthaya in February.

Originally posted by Flashermac:

"I met Peter Ustinov in Bangkok once, but that was years ago ..."

I can't say I really "met" Ustinov but I was an extra in his "Around the World in 80 Days". The Bombay station part of the film was shot at Thonburi Station in Bangkok, which was made to look like V.T. Station in Bombay (well, sort of). The year must have been 1988.

I was dressed as a British soldier, in red uniform and topee, with pasted-on whiskers and all. Pierce Brosnan was also part of the cast. While the main actors were having their dialogue in front of the camera, I and a few other farang dressed up likewise had to "patrol" the station in measured gait. Meanwhile, a few dozen Indians, hired from Pahurat, were rushing about, pretending to be rail passengers.

It was certainly a new experience and on top it got me 1200 Baht (if I remember correctly), then a lot of money for a day's work. The Indians, believe it or not, were paid half. So much for racial equality!

[ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Archived