spot a celebrity

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

fantastic,this is catching on..Sporty spice,Rolf Harris and Trink!!

I toosaw Jimmy White in soiDiamond ,Pattaya.

also saw topman JJ Burnellof the Stranglers In Kamala beach,Phukers.

Remember him Phil?

Saw him in the early 80's I think on his 'Euroman Cometh' solo tour. Brilliant guitarist and great stage presence. I would certainly have spoken to him had I seen him. The Stranglers are still one of my all-time faves!

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

"I spun around and it was none other than Aussie painter, songwriter, and all-round top bloke Rolf Harris ... 'Two Little Boys' is one of my favorite songs of all time and still brings a tear to my eye."

One man's nectar is another man's poison. I used to hear, to my intense chagrin, 'Two Little Boys' on British Forces Broadcating Service (BFBS) back in Germany, circa anno domini 1966(?). And witnessing that song (I use the term loosely) zoom up the British charts made me have serious doubts about the British - how could this be the same people who gave the world the Beatles, the Stones, Who, Kinks etc., etc.? How on earth could they stomach a wimpy twit like Rolf Harris? And didn't they realise he looked like a real top-notch wanker?

Later, I was kind of relieved to find out he was Australian (no offence to all you nice Aussies out there).

Rolf Harris surely moved me to tears - simply because I couldn't tape the charts all the way through but had to stop recording when that awful thing began: "Two little boys had two little toys, each had a wooden leg, ah, sorry, horse ...". OH LORD OF ROCK'N'ROLL, HAVE MERCY!!! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Im afraid this sighting of a superstar might be lost on non UK readers,however:

When I 1st came to BKK in `88, I stayed at the Oriental hotel for a couple of nights.Low and behold walking into the main reception area was non other than that famed pupeteer and silly bollocks Rod Hull.He was wearing a lilac cloured safari suit and white shoes.

When I spoke to the porter he was very surprised to hear of Rods childrens TV superstardam.

"He like ladyman" was the guys remark,

"have every night"

Now poor old Rod isnt around to defend this story ,one eay or the other due to his accident on the roof of his house.

But you knw ,Rod ,a katoey and that f***ing emu together must have been quite a sight! laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by boom bar:

But you knw ,Rod ,a katoey and that f***ing emu together must have been quite a sight!
laugh.gif" border="0

What a marvellous image that is!! That clip with Michael Parkinson, though minus the katoey, still makes me howl ....

LG

quote:

Originally posted by coquetislander:

Should be plenty of opportunity at the end of July when the Man U squad hit LOS. Who wants to start a sweep as to who will be seen where

With Oasis, ardent Man City fans, in town at the same time, the potential for some real front page stories is enormous. Do not leave home without your cameras over that weekend! I reckon Keane could take Liam anyday!

LG

Archived