Evil black liquid on sale in Soi Cowboy

ALHOLK

Hi!

I have on several occasions had something like that in Thai oriented places. It's supposed to have some medical effect. As I understand it they soak various herbs in alcohol. This is how we make snaps (not schnapps :)) in Sweden. Ofcourse we do it for the taste only. The Thais often claim that it will give you extra power. In Vietnam a friend and I tasted a variant with small cobras in it. A Vietnames gentleman warned us against drinking to much of it as the cobra poison allegedly affected the heart but he said that one or two glasses a day was good for the heart.

regards

ALHOLK

Mayby Lao Dtong Yaa which is actually Lao Khao with the herb Yaa Dtong or Suea 11 Dtua (11 tigers) in it.

It is however normally reddish.

It is a major improvement to the Lao Khao when you put this stuff in it and it is thought to be kind of healthy.

You can buy the 11 tigers in most groceries and pharmacies. It comes in a little white plastic bag with a picture of red tigers.

Hua Nguu.

On second thought. Mayby it was the Lao Chiang Chun - a chinese bitter, kind of like jâgermeister or Boonenkampf if you know those. Tastesog licorice and is quite good actually. They sell shots of those at many small groceries and food stals in Thailand at 10 bht.

Hua Nguu.

Archived