**A potential trip to China=questions**

Veterans and any others that have suggestions, where can I go on the web to get information about the sex scene in China?

I'm considering a trip to Beijing, but I want to get information about areas that are the best and where I should get my hotel to take full advantage.

It's a big city I'm sure, and I just want to put myself in the right area.

Can you all suggest websites, or particular areas of the city, certain streets, or hotels.

I'm sure the info on China won't be as abundent as that of Thailand, but there's got to be more than I've found so far!

Thanks...

WSG and TSM both have lots of info. There's also Icered a Hong Kong based board which has lots of non-specific junk but occasional good threads on China although haven't logged in there for months. Sammy's Conservative Asian Values forum on Delphi is Singapore based and may have some threads on China.

Re Beijing, you'll end up in Sanlitun no doubt. That's a street of bars that cater to westerners/tourists and fun loving Chinese. Over the road from it you've got Sanlitun Nan. These two streets are the main western hangouts apart from the likes of the Hard Rock Cafe and the big hotel discos. You must visit the infamous Maggies to check out some Mongolian punani.

South China boasts Hainan Island. Sub-tropical. Cheap. Not a lot of westerners. You need a bit of language down. Streetwalkers are abundant near the intersection by the Haikou Hotel. Usually no guest probs at hotels. Prices in Beijing are more.

Thanks Sukhumvit!

1. So this Sanlitun area is the best area in Beijing for what I want to do? Being a first timer to China...

2. Is this area/street where I should get my hotel?

3. How do I research and make hotel reservations for this little area?

Thanks brother...

I don't have any specific info to give you re: Sanuk in Beijing, but I have been to China serveral times, and lived there for a year once. I can tell you for sure that Saunk is considerably more expensive in China than Thailand or Cambodia. Also it is riskier - greater chance of getting busted by the cops (one reason it is more expensive). If this is strictly a sex tour, I recommend you avoid China.

I was in Beijing 2 years agon. I went to Sanlitun once - it is near the Embassy compound. Did not see any (obvious) working girls but would not be surprised if they are there. I do remember how obscenely expensive the beer was at the bars there - RMB 40 Yuan ($5 USD) for a glass of local draught!

Harlequin.

Sanlitun is good for barhopping and kicking back. You'll get approached by touts offering cheap cds/dvds and some offering chicks. I was there in Feb/March this year. As Hbkk points out it's pricey. Especially when you consider the cost of a brew elsewhere in a local restaurant may be 3 rmb. So you really can pay 10 times or more. Having said that lots of the bars have happy hours. Plus some of them lay on live music with excellent Filipino bands playing rock classics and more modern stuff. Plus you can stay out late, beyond 2 in some joints.

For high class laydeez there are the 4/5 star hotel discos. The Sheraton Great Wall has a place, think it's called Passions, which is okayish if you like discos. You can pull in there for cash.

There's an expat hangout The Den which has a dancefloor upstairs. Lots of freelancers there and also in Maggie's (they've got a website which you can find the URL to on a search engine) which is just down the road by the stadium. Met a couple of frisky Mongolian birds in there. One of them, a real maneater, spoke excellent English. Told me she'd studied at a language school in Bournemouth on the south coast of England. So she must have been making some money to afford a trip to the UK to study.

Both Maggies and The Den are a hop skip and jump from Sanlitun. But it's not a problem to stay in another part of the city in a hotel if you wish as taxis are cheap and plentiful. Re pay for play expect to pay higher prices than Thailand and to be quoted some ridiculous prices at first. There was a very lengthy Beijing thread on Icered which I found useful before going.

From personal experience, Haikou on Hainan island cannot be beat for selection and price. Have one or two of them take you to Sanya and around the island. I had a taxi for 2 days for around US$50. I flew from Guangzhou to Hainan for around US$95, just don't fly from Hong Kong, too expensive. Also heard great sanuk in Chongquing, gateway to the Yangtze river. Good luck!!!

Stayed at the International Financial Hotel on Datong Rd., cost under US$50 for a suite, very pleasant room with one of the nicest beds I have ever sleep on. In the evenings, just step out and the girls stretched about 3 blocks, most seem to be part timers, I think most are from the mainland there to make some money. No problem at the hotel, I was able to get the girls at 100 rmb, but westerners should expect to pay at least double of that. I usually avoid KTV and hotel health clubs for action as they are usually overpriced(tourists from HK & Taiwan). Bargaining should never be hardnosed but done in a give & take way.

Hainan has been on my to-do list for quite some rime now. But getting there from BKK is not easy nor cheap as far I have been able to find out. Southern China Airlines I believe has one weekly connection.

How do we best get there from BKK to Hainan?? Don't really fancy going via Beijing.

Henry J Beans, next to China World Hotel provides good food, enormous portions, though much more expensive than the local chinese restaurants. It also has plenty of women from about 9.00pm onwards - both inside and around the roads outside - most speaking passable English.

You can also meet girls around any of the tourist areas, many just want to practice english and have foreign friends.

My experience is that although the hotels have warnings about no guests after 11pm, the 4 and 5 star hotels will turn a blind eye to any guests provided you are discrete. Indeed, one hotel I stayed at was quite happy to being extra towels and toothbrushes to my room when I had three guests staying late!

Archived