Phuket Going Down The Toilet For Family Tourists?

My Cow Jai

I just want to go somewhere where there are none (or very few) of the following:

- backpackers

- young Aussie yobs aka 'bogans'

- Russsians

- Indians esp Punjabis and Sikhs

- katoeys

Sadly, that isnt Patts and it definitely isnt Phuket, fwir. Hua Hin met most of the above the last time I was there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

august i'm back in the los for 3 weeks with my daughter and pops. back to khao sok NP, last time there virtually nobody, then on to koh lanta.....home to gypsies and muslims :elephant:

I just want to go somewhere where there are none (or very few) of the following:

- backpackers

- young Aussie yobs aka 'bogans'

- Russsians

- Indians esp Punjabis and Sikhs

- katoeys

Sadly, that isnt Patts and it definitely isnt Phuket, fwir. Hua Hin met most of the above the last time I was there.

backpackers are not a problem imo tn the places i frequent,in fact i find most of them likeable people.

many young aussies who are great to be with,but obviously you get the bad ones but that can be said about a lot of nationalities.

a lot of aussie couples and thay just like a night out having a laugh and enjoying themselves without going over the top,but again you always get a few who go over the top.

never really noticed many russians or eastern europeans around the place but obviously there must be some,these days it's a favourite place for asians and they are everywhere,but they seem to stick together and not mix.

yes there are many shops and the suchlike on phuket but you don't have to interact with them,so easy to just smile as you walk past them.

but katoeys are in abundance and while i've never had a problem with them,you soon get to know the areas where they work so easy to avoid.

the main issue i have on phuket is time-shsre touts.

mainly from australia ot new zealand and they are relentless in their badgering and it happens all day/every day and i just get fed up with it,some just will not take no for an answer.

Archived