Scandinavian warning to Thailand tourists.

ALHOLK

British nationals should exercise extreme caution in public places ::

What do they consider extreme caution ? It is very good of government's to offer such good advice to its nationals and then assume everyone knows what to do.

Assuming these terrorist threats are not just spirally paranoia how would YOU spot the the terrorist in a multi-national playground.

Ignoring the stereotypical tea-towel on the head and a kalishnikov under the arm what effing chance has the average sanuker high on Singha and the scent of pussy got of spotting a threat. ::

Bearing in mind Israel, which is the most security conscious country in the world with what is considered the best intelligence service around, cannot stop atrocities happening on an almost daily basis what chance have the Thai boys in brown, blue or black got of spotting let alone stopping such an act.

It might be naive but I believe that a healthy scepticism of governments offering advice (in order to protect themselves rather than you and I) and to some extent the current western propoganda on the Al Queda threat should bring a more balanced risk assessment.... Well thats my somewhat flawed justification for still travelling to LOS in December :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived