Monthly income to maintain a Mia Noi?

harlequinbkk

I read a article in an American magazine (targeted the Asian American market). It was sort of tongue-in-cheek, about how much a man would need to earn to feasibly have a mistress. They did adress the issue in a logical fashion, and came up with the figure of USD $500,000 per annum. Note that 1) this is for a top of the line babe, a 19 or 20 year old stunner, 2) it assumes the man is married and needs to hide his infidelity from his wife. He needs to make enough so that the cost of the mistress will not be noticed in the family budget.

So, how kind of monthly income would you need to maintain a Mia Noi in Thailand? I am sure there are many variable factors, like:

- Live in BKK vs. upcountry

- 20 year old stunner vs. someone older and less attractive

- Need to keep it a secret from the wife vs. can keep her openly.

- Thai man vs. farang man (of course it will cost of more!)

Any opinions on this?

OK, let me narrow the criteria. Let's say we are talking about a Thai man, living in Bangkok, married, and maintaining a Mia Noi who is in her mid-20's; not stunning, but attractive enough to turn on a normal Thai man.

Anyone care to guess what monthly income this man would need to make to support the Mia Noi?

Actually, does anyone know a Thai man who is currently maintaining a Mia Noi, and what their income is approx.?

Harlequin

>does anyone know a Thai man who is currently maintaining a Mia Noi

Thai man are a world different to ours. There is one board member (haven't heard from him for a while) who is well stuffed and maintains, not exactly, but some kind of mia noi. He's not Thai but has been there for decades.

Again, my reading of your question is - how much money can mia noi burn each month?

Anything under 15-20K bahts is nothing for them. The upper end is wide open.

Sir,

with greatest pleasure my comments on the Mia Noi thing. Let's say the Mia Noi needs a decent apartment , daily expenses paid , a shopping tour from time to time , sooner or later " Sweetheaaaaaaart why no can car ? " etc would very fast end up at about 1000 USD a month. I have contacts with several (Chinese) Thai gentlemen who ALL maintain a Mia Noi and they would agree to my above figure. In case somebody thinks this is expensive I would comment that the basic idea here is really "Second wife" with related cost. I would not compare a Mia Noi with any bargirl business which is certainly cheaper at a similar intercourse frequency. I love the Mia Noi concept. I love to be ripped off anyway.

The original poster's question has been how much the sponsor would need per month. That again depends how many Mia Nois he entertains I would say.

Bbill

Thanks for the reply gentlemen. I surmise that 15 to 20K per month is the bare minimum, with 45K being a more typical figure that you need to budget for the Mia Noi. So, the Thai man must earn at least that much on top of his other expenses to have a Mia Noi. Surely there can't be more that 2 or 3% of Thai man who earn this?

Coincidentally, Stickman's latest weekly report talks about the expense of having a Thai girlfriend - more than you would expect for a developing country, it seems. It makes me think about the many posts I have seen on this board that list a typical budget for a farang living in Thailand. Of course this can vary a great deal, but most of the budgets do not include having a girlfriend or Mia Noi. They do include a 'sanuk' component for thoes with higher incomes. I had assumed that if you have a girlfriend, it would be cheaper than sanuking. This may not be the case. So, if we are planning to live in Thailand and are making a budget of our monthly expenses, perhaps we should factor in an extra amount if we expect to have a girlfriend.

Harlequin

"I had assumed that if you have a girlfriend, it would be cheaper than sanuking. This may not be the case. So, if we are planning to live in Thailand and are making a budget of our monthly expenses, perhaps we should factor in an extra amount if we expect to have a girlfriend"

Depends a lot on the GF you have.I usually spend lmore when single

From the Thai side it depends upon your status.

Earn more money equals have a more expensive Min Noi or several.

I have heard reports of Min Noi's as low as 3k a month though in that case it is normally part shares, whether the guy knows this or not. A time share Min Noi sounds good to me.

A more normal price might be 15 or 20k a month.

One case I know for sure 100% in that the guy got not only a free min noi but she feed clothed and Housed him!

Trouble with that was she didnt know she was a Min Noi and thought she was Mai Lung until her father in Law mentioned that all his sons wages hadent been going to support him as she thought for five years but to his wife! Opps!

Archived