Pattaya, beach views possible for 1,000 baht?

Stickman

As strange as it may sound, I'm taking my girlfriend down to Pattaya this weekend. We just want to get out of the big, bad city, relax at the beach, catch a few rays, and who knows, we might even catch a show or two in one of the bars. While it may seem a strange choice to take one's girlfriend, Pattaya is closer to Bangkok than Hua Hin and there is more to do there than the likes of Bang Saen.

When I used to go down to Pattaya unaccompanied, I would end up in the Apex Hotel or another small, no name hotel in the same vicinity. These two hotels served my needs well but the current girlfriend may want something a bit nicer than that. Besides, best not to show my face in old haunts!

So, I'm looking for ideas for a suitable hotel in Pattaya which ideally has the usual TV, hot water, air-con, fridge etc and is a little bit nicer than the likes of the Apex. It doesn't have to be anything special, but a bit nicer than the aforementioned would be good. Bay views would be a bonus, but are not necessary. It shouldn't be too far from the beach, preferably not more than about a 10 minute walk.

So, can you recommend a Pattaya hotel, up to 1,000 baht per night, which meets this criteria? Any recommendations would be great.

Cheers,

Stick

Stick,

I'll be there too this weekend.

Try the Hard Rock Hotel for a weekend special rates, before they were selling vouchers in Bangkok.

Let me look through my extensive list, I have a pretty decent deluxe room at Pacific Prince for 1,200. You can **SEE** the beach, but your on the second road.

Later,

Green Park Resort is a nice place, low rise and bungalows, close to the Dusit. Their low season price was 1000 baht including breakfast 856 without.

Nice layout with big pool with swim up bar.

GREEN PARK RESORT

240/5 Soi Ping Pah, Pattaya/Naklua Road

Moo 5

Tel:+66(38) 426 356/7

Fax:+66(38) 426 358

I like the Nova Lodge Hotel, which is directly on the beach next to the Montien and Hard Rock, but singles can be had for 1,000B. Courtyard arraignment with the desirable rooms facing the pool. Nice garden leads to the beach. Don?t get a room overlooking Pattaya Klang road if you like quite.

You had better line something up in advance this weekend; the yearly ?Asian Women?s tennis games? event is filling up the better rooms in town.

I am also looking for a place to stay 2-3 nights. Let's see there is a Flipper Lodge on Soi 7 and Flipper Hotel on Soi 8 right?

Which one is newer and has the roof top swimming pool?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

sanukdee,

Actually Flipper Lodge is on Soi 8 and F. House is on Soi 7.

Both have a pool on top of the hotel. I have stayed at both and prefer Flipper House for some reason, not sure why. I like the pool better at Flipper Lodge and I think they also serve decent Thai food there. I'm booked in at Flipper House in Feb. for 880 per night. Standard room in new wing. Either place is fine.

augustart

Archived