Rich young and beautiful

Sorry, that is Cali style my man!! My first wife was Mexican (o.k. from Yucatan, but still Mexican) dear girl...ah anyway, yeah, how she made it...mainly as a condimint, chips (tortillas duros) are not widely consumed there. Usually on the side or spread on a tostado. Here is one variation:

large avacados (2-3)

lime juice, about one table spoon per 1 1/2 avacados (mother in law used a shot glass about 4 1/2 tablespoons per shot, for 3 avacados)

1 tomato

green onions or any onion

chillies

and SOUR CREAM!!! (usually the Mexican kind) usually just enough to hold the ingredients together, or to taste/ texture.

Option #2

all the above with fresh cilantro

I am told the version with Mayo is more a Baja style, much the way they serve ceviche there on a tostado with mayo.

Option #3

Mix it anyway you like! :)

Mix all the ingredients, and adjust to taste.

I have also had it with olives mixed in.

Hope that clears it up! :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose there are as many recipes for guacamole as there are for som tam or phad thai.

For me it is:

2-3 avacados, adding 8 cloves crushed garlic, 1 tablespoon lime, 1 tablespoon lemon, and mash up.

Add 1/2 small onion diced, 1 seeded peeled roasted diced tomato. Mix it up, sans mayo or sour cream.

As you say, I don't use it as a dip. More for fish tacos, soup topping etc. I spend a lot of time in baja, but not much time around Yucatan. Yes, they do cut it with sour cream, or more often than not, condensed milk. I think to make it spread easier across the taco.

Now about that anchovie in the Cesar salad!!!

"...Now about that anchovie in the Cesar salad!!! ..."

Well, they gotta get rid of them somehow, you can only sell so many of them for bait... :) Never heard of condensed milk, I guess it wouldn't spoil as fast, or thin out in the heat. Hey, we're hijacking the thread here...!! :) Moderator!!!!!!!!!!!

"...low stools and tables in the middle and boots all around, upstairs few more boots..."

LOL. In Stoke, UK, the slang word (or one of the many ? there are lots, necessarily given the nature of the lardy-arsed birds there) for an ugly woman is a "boot". Your post had me all nostalgic for some of the pubs I used to go in at home, all jam-packed with "boots". Cheered me up on a rainy day. Nice one ;).

j :: :: ::

if you enjoyed that disco may i sugest you have a look at the Grand Hyatt Erawan near World trade Centre.

------------------------------------

avoid the week-ends. 600 bahts to get in, ok that means 2 drinks with it, but the place is not worth it, too many expat executives.. At leasy for my own taste, as i hate to feel like i'm back home in some pricey singles joint when i am in LOS.

Archived