Rich young and beautiful

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says jjsushi:

Says cardinalblue:

You won't see the bottom feeders (girls and guys) at places like the bed. Their diet calls for a totally different type of indigestion.......

cardinalblue

I didn't notice the so called hi-so folks that many claimed go to this place. I saw what I would consider middle to lower middle class working or office people and a bunch of wannabes.

Looks like the rich beautiful hi-so crowd has moved on and is being supplanted by the regular people. Maybe they only attend private events held in the venue? I still maintain the best looking chicks are the staff. Maybe I will go one more time for dinner in a couple of weeks and then head over to Kee Mow for some drinking with the lower class Thais.

Went back to BED a few more times recently and I have altered my opinion a bit.

I went on weekday nights instead of weekend nights like I did prior and I enjoyed myself more. The club was not packed and the music was way better. They house DJ played house music(deep house, garage, mostly the vocal stuff that I like not that techno/drum and bass crap I can't stand) and Hip hop. The surprising thing about the Hip -hop was that it was primarily current New York style rap played in the States right now( I guess the DJ just came off of the plane). I was very surprised seeing that the Thai Hip-hop scene is about 2-3yrs behind in music and is partial to West Coast styled music or MTV type Pop Hip Hop.

The crowd is still a regular type of young white collar Thai, expats, tourists and middle class types. Sorry didn't see the hi- so crowd that some of you guys yearn to be a part of. There were still plenty of BMW's and Mercedes parked outside. I sensed that the crowd had a bunch of regular patrons that gave the club a non- new or less pretentious and more relaxed scene that I had not witnessed on previous visits.

I noticed though that the ratio of men far outnumbered the women(reminded me of clubs back here in the States). I noticed groups of young foreign males that would periodically walk in have a beer and quickly leave when they realized that the pickings were not easy.

Now even though the club is not a pick up joint the unattached women are still very approachable if you use a non-direct non-predatory method of introduction. This is applicable to both Thai and non-Thai females. I met a couple of nice girls but nothing that I would follow up on.

Again, my current opinions and observations are based on weeknight visits and not weekends.

• 2 months later...

The pure breed seemingly moved away...gotta look for it around Escudo, Thong Lor. Been there 4 times during the last 3 week ends.Gorgeous crowd ethnically showing an amazingly little mix. Hardly seen a caucasian, Lao, khmer, indian or african face there.I doubt they had much more chinese or japanese around besides the singaporean I brought along who was wondering how come he didn't seem to see those girls in BKK streets. Good thing is the club's style isn't as thai as some of its neighbors, decoration reminds a little of Q bar, black walls and blue lightings, small armchairs and low tables.Music is diverse but foreign.It is ,though, overcrowded and too hot. It seems that Song Salung opened again and on saturday night the crowd was bearable. And the girls still a riot.

Moved to BED anyway and it still may be my favourite club in BKK .While thais hi so patrons have almost completely disappeared the ambience is still hot and foreign birds manage to outnumber from far the local hookers,a fact that deserve 2 thumbs up out here.Note too that those girls present better than your average KSR sandal wearer.

May be there and try the diner next week end

About the new comers in BKK a soso note about 87 club in Conrad. I don't think it''ll be very different from Spasso within a month or 2. Expensive, loosy colourful decoration and manager.Lotsa girls but already quite afew hookers.

Bla

Blabla

Cheers!

I noticed the gradual change in Bed too. The only one that seems to retain some consistency is Qbar really, which gets full most nights mainly with ex pats, their girls, and girls who wish to get one.

87 is the new hot spot - some beauties in there, lots of farang too (not surprising, it's a hotel club). Yes, it could turn into another Spasso. Not many places stay "top" in Thailand for long. Had a scene that I thought disappeared from Bangkok a few years ago...primary table by the dancefloor, old Thai man with ponytail, young flash-dressed guy, 3 women guarded by about 4 security guards wherever they went. You couldn't even place your drink on their table. TIT I guess. Nice yellow Ferrari outside though.

Another good scene...two short farang girls trying to have a fight, bfs joining in. doh! ::

"primary table by the dancefloor, old Thai man with ponytail, young flash-dressed guy, 3 women guarded by about 4 security guards wherever they went. You couldn't even place your drink on their table. TIT I guess. Nice yellow Ferrari outside though."

First time I noticed that guy was about 18 months ago, he parked that probably same yellow ferrari right outside La Lunar and came in followed by a few courtiers.Seen him a few times since then, he seems to be a regular in Spasso.Who is that guy actually?? Can't he even afford a new ferrari yearly or anything classier than Gianni Versace bright shirts??

Yes, that's the chap..he's a regular in Spasso. If he was that special you'd think he'd at least hang out at a non-freelancer joint. Wonder if he goes to RCA too.

I met a girl who was forcing me to plough through her photos with the rich and famous in Bangkok and I came across a few of this guy and his group in Spasso. Asking who he was, she could only reply "not sure, but he's rich, likes younger girls and has bodyguards". Cheers luv, that tells me a lot.

Archived