Private Dancer

Have read the Big Mango by Jake Needham and have justed finished Tea Money, I can recommend both books for those long flights.

In LOS last week I read Bangkok Nights by Colin Piprell, its a collection of interlinked stories about Bangkok, its a bit dated but really fun. Does anyone know anything about this author.

Chris shocked.gif" border="0

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve is a good friend and let me assure you that it is indeed he who replies to emails - and not someone working on his behalf.

Jake Needham is another very nice fellow and in my opinion, in a class of his own amongst the local authors. His books, just two released so far - though more planned for the future, are well worth reading too.

What I like about these two authors is that they both capture the Bangkok that I know. Some folks write about bangkok...but it is not Bangkok as I, nor any of my friends, know it.

Stick

CKrisg, Colin Piprell is a Canadian living in Bangkok. I have met and chatted with him just the once and he was pleasant enough. Bangkok Knights is worth reading. I'll never forget the time about six months ago when I saw Colin walking into Nana with 2 or 3 friends and he said to oen of his (well dressed) friends, "this must be the first time I have been in here in years". There was something about the way he said it that made me cringe... The tone suggested that he didn't approve of such places...though I could have misinterpreted it.

Stick

I don't agree that Stephen Leather would want anyone to think that he'd written Big Mango. In the same way I don't think Jake Needham would want to be associated with Private Dancer. Just a personal opinion.

Smitty,

Steve is not in town at present. He did drop by to Woodstock one Friday night, perhaps 6-9 months ago. I don't speak on his behalf when I say this, but with him being a fairly high profile character and having written the controversial Prvate Dancer, I doubt he'd want to sit in Woodstock and discuss it with peopel all night... Just a feeling.

Stick

on that subject, on my last trip a BG from Big Dog Bar told me that she would like to meet the farang man who wrote Private Dancer and give him a piece of her mind (and probably a piece of her boyfriends tyre lever too).

You should read some of my poetry !

Luckily I have a few 'heavies' for

company !

'Private Dancer' is ACE !

Is Thailand about to awake politically ???

'Rocky'

"Always stuff yer piece down the front

of yer troozers-quicker way to pull it !"

Archived