1st Date with a normal TG - Do's & Don'ts ?

Coloseum

ASK IF SHE SMOKES AND LOOK DOWNWARDS!!!!

Umm, no.

lol

Oh oh, I can't resist. There are SOOOO many really non-witty things one can say!!!!

Okay, first things first. You are thinking way to much about this. lol. You're going to work yourself up to failure in no time!!! Just handle it like you are going out with a friend you would like to get to know. Don't think of it like a date.

Where to go? There are so many nice places!!!! Eating? Crepes & Co. on Soi 12, Duilio's Italion Restaurant, blah blah blah. Take a look in the newspaper for things going on about town. Take her to a jazz place. Walk around Khao San Road. Walk around Chinatown. Isn't there a restaurant on top of Baiyoke Tower? ASK her where she would like to go.

I feel like a father telling his teenager what to do!!!

I would NOT invite her to your hotel lobby for some drinks. She could easily get the wrong idea. What if you flew into a town in your home country, called a girl up and asked her to go to your hotel to the lobby just to "have a few drinks"?

<<burp>>

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say. ::

The last two "normal Thai girls" I met went like this.

Dinner at a nice place, light conversation on just about anything :)

Off for drinks at another nice place, a little more deeper, personal conversation ::

Walk her to a cab and jokingly asked if she was going with me. :o

Happily surprised at the answer "yes" :: ::

You just have to see how things go.

They are women and you are a man. :)

Treat her with respect and just be yourself. :)

Hi WA,

Think he means non-b/g vs. b/g. Not very good terminology, I admit, but don't think he means anything nessesarily negative by it.

B/G's are normal too. Just out there trying to make a living the best way they can, given the number of options that are presented to them in life. I have no doubt I'd be doing the same, if put in many of their shoes. :(

HT

Meaning=Normal in the context of the word, but not in the actual know literal sense as understood by the common masses but as seen by those who know in what sense the context was meant to be in actuality.

Clear now ::

>Thanks for the encouraging words. What really worries me

>is that my date and her friend (chaperon) would pass the

>time talking Thai and I'd feel left out.

Another way of looking at it would be being relieved that you do not have to provide all the entertainment, especially in the face of possible language difficulties. I'm sure you will be involved in the conversation, if she has any interest in you. And how do you know that the 'chaperone' will not speak English (or whatever is your common language)?

Wagner

Hi,

[color:"red"] You're going to work yourself up to failure in no time!!! Just handle it like you are going out with a friend you would like to get to know. Don't think of it like a date. [/color]

Good suggestion. The first time a non-bar Thai woman go out with a so-called foreigner, it is likely that she will take a friend, not exactly a chaperone.

What you suggested above is very good and many Thai men approach it this way.

[color:"red"] I would NOT invite her to your hotel lobby for some drinks. She could easily get the wrong idea. What if you flew into a town in your home country, called a girl up and asked her to go to your hotel to the lobby just to "have a few drinks"? [/color]

Another very good point, the man has some nerves to pursue a non-bar woman that way, that type of environment can be very uncomfortable for some women, I don't care what nationalities they are.

Cheers!

Archived