1st Date with a normal TG - Do's & Don'ts ?

Coloseum

when we like to think and see in terms of black (BGs) and white (non-BGs) categories........

--------------------------

probably a point where we disagree. I do not see it/them (Bgs, nonBgs) as black and white. Both segments are able to act up to their worse. As Jasmine said: beware of those decent thais.

About moonlighting and acting properly, yes why not? As much as i deplore that women may have to prostitute or be given the easy choice to do it, I do not think that doing that, even if damaging their self-esteem, absolutely take their dignity, good manners, social skills or even natural kindness away, if they have any to begin with. There are a lot of totally rotten rich powerful women in the world that can act appropriately in public, still they are not moonlighters, so it's not the clothes you were, as the dictum says.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I prefer to use the phrase "respectable ladies".<

Many board members might not agree with your choice of word. Respectable attaches a personal value to it, just like good, bad, etc. I'm sure there will be some guys here argue that prostitutes are respectable too.

:p

But you use the word that is best for you. I'd do the same.

Hi,

I have to agree (my arm is twisted) that being prostitutes do not take away good manners. Some people are naturally kind, no matter what situation they are in.

Most problems the "rich" Thais have are the unkindness due to lack of understanding of the other not-so-priviledged ones. These people feel that these poor people are where they are because of the laziness which is not always true.

There are a few well brought up Thais that I met who became quite snobs in public. I used to be in charge of an Asian group party affair director. There were a few times that the "so-good" Thais told me that they would not sit at the same table with certain Thais from some background in Christmas party!! After a few of those parties, I told them that they were no longer invited, no matter how much money they could donate!! Mind you, not all educated ones are like those ones I mentioned. ::

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

[color:"red"] Respectable attaches a personal value to it, just like good, bad, etc. I'm sure there will be some guys here argue that prostitutes are respectable too. [/color]

I feel that we should respect each other. Too bad that many people judge you from what they see outside.

Cheers!

whosyourdaddy,

Your '10 point' plan is exactly my own experience.

My fiance was 'curious' about farangs. No expectations from first date.

Kissing :-) She had never been kissed before! I kid you not. Only sniff kissing. Was very curious about it having seen it in the movies and took to it like a duck to water LOL.

Progress rate was probably:

By 5th date. hand holding in public.

By 10th date, kissing.

One wise poster a few years back, posted the advice "If you are going to sleep with a virgin, be prepared to marry her" In my case 100% correct.

I went into the 'adventure' with his advice in mind and being prepared to follow through with it. ie I was not going to sleep with her, unless I loved her and wanted to marry her. As I was on a 'quest' for a Thai wife, that was no issue.

A hard decision for her too. Because if it did not work out with me, she was basically off the market as 'damaged goods'.

I know these very strict social behaviours are not common across all TGs now. Perhaps there is more promiscuity in the wealthier families, I don't know. Apparently some of my fiances unmarried friends are no longer virgins. But my understanding is that the majority of NBGs would still view sex before marriage as a no go area.

Oh, and I had to meet the family after about the 4th or 5th date. VERY important. Had to bring appropriate gifts for the family etc.

It is basically a job interview! If the family did not approve of me, then the relationship would have stopped right there. Family comes first.

I know you are looking for a date, not a prospective marriage partner, but many of the NBGs you might date could take the latter view. Scary stuff huh LOL.

Sid

Archived