Rodgers & Hammersteins, "The Sound of Music"

itsmedave

I doubt you would have any punters from Nanapalza board coming to the show.

But if you offer them a tour at the dressing room of the actresses while they are changing their costume, the guys might be interested.

I understand you tried to put this in a humorous context after you received some less then complimentary responses.

Unfortunately your original post so typifies the attitude of middle class Thais, that they have some sort of superiority over less well credentialed Thais or any Farang appearing to be in the Sanuk scene.

It amazes me every time I see a Thai who has accumulated some small degree of wealth and then lis so quick to look down on their fellow countrymen and attempt to look down on farang.

I see this in the Thais that cheat their way into a US green card and then cheat their way through lying on tax returns into profit in business in the US.

I've heard more than once the statement that Thais have it over natural born US citizens as they can come here and establish a business in only a few years. Of course this is almost always done through lying and tax fraud.

These people seem to go from average people without conceit, to expecting their asses be kissed regularly.

I've had more than one tell me how superior Thais are because they made it so far so soon. I always love to explain to them that they are in the stone ages of technology as Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and Larry Ellison have more combined wealth than the entire Kingdom. If they think that they are so good at getting over a government they should realize that these guys make them look like mere amateurs.

No country has a hold on intellectual or moral perfection. The Thai assumption that they have anything over anybody is laughable.

Don't make assumptions about anyone on this board. You are not remotely in a position to do so.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<No country has a hold on intellectual or moral perfection. The Thai assumption that they have anything over anybody is laughable>>

:D :D My sister is a Cello teacher, got her degree at Manchester School of Music Music Uni and has played in one or two renowed philharmonic orchestras, of which I've seen her perform on many occasions, so please GTG dont assume that some of dont appreciate such things ;). She plays at wedding functions with her quartet. Shes met and played with Paul Tortelier (heard of him GTG?)To be frank she has class (unlike her brother ;)) that goes beyond anything GTG could ever muster up with her pretence of knowledge of European 17/18thC Musical culture. I am no musician, but I know from my sister and her fellow musicians that the love of fine arts brings a degree of humility. HINT HINT!! BTW..She drives a Ford Fiesta and lives in a end terraced house, not lack of money, just isn't interested in image or status ;) ;) And she loves my ex bg wife dearly!!

Says Brink15:

I understand you tried to put this in a humorous context after you received some less then complimentary responses.

Unfortunately your original post so typifies the attitude of middle class Thais, that they have some sort of superiority over less well credentialed Thais or any Farang appearing to be in the Sanuk scene.

(snip)

Don't make assumptions about anyone on this board. You are not remotely in a position to do so.

You might have just done that to me yourself :eek:

I said I doubt he would have any punters from Nanapalza board coming to the show because it was Friday and Saturday night. Many, if not most, would be spending their time elsewhere as they might have planned their weekend already, esp. people who work here. I'm talking about probability here. My guess might not be right. Only itsmedave knows how many came to the two shows. It is possible that many showed up but didn't introduced themselves to him.

Says Brink15:

It amazes me every time I see a Thai who has accumulated some small degree of wealth and then lis so quick to look down on their fellow countrymen and attempt to look down on farang.

Are you making assuption on me ? ::

Says Brink15:

I see this in the Thais that cheat their way into a US green card and then cheat their way through lying on tax returns into profit in business in the US.

I've heard more than once the statement that Thais have it over natural born US citizens as they can come here and establish a business in only a few years. Of course this is almost always done through lying and tax fraud.

Sorry, it's not relating to the arguement at hand but it seems that it 's rather easy to cheat the US system. How come ? It should be the other way around. ::

Says Brink15:

No country has a hold on intellectual or moral perfection. The Thai assumption that they have anything over anybody is laughable.

You are making assumptions on me again as you are generalising using the word The Thai assumption. Am I right ? :p

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Says lazyphil:

To be frank she has class (unlike her brother
;)
) that goes beyond anything GTG could ever muster up with her pretence of knowledge of European 17/18thC Musical culture.

Do you refer to my thread about Messiah concert ?

I hardly pretend to be knowledgeble of European 17/18thC Musical culture. :: I posted that I got the info from the booklet the organiser handed out. So, people will know that it is not my quote. Also I said "I'm not a classical concert lover so cannot tell you more than this. But all in all, a good concert and I enjoyed it very much." And a board member asked for my comment on Bangkok Symphony Orchestra and I told the truth that I had no comment coz I'd never been to one. Was that my pretence of being knowledge of the subject? ::

Says lazyphil:

I am no musician, but I know from my sister and her fellow musicians that the love of fine arts brings a degree of humility. HINT HINT!! BTW..She drives a Ford Fiesta and lives in a end terraced house, not lack of money, just isn't interested in image or status
;)
;)

Why are you telling us this ? To show off. ::

Says lazyphil:

And she loves my ex bg wife dearly!!

Good for her. Does she introduce your wife to her friends saying your wife used to work in a bar as a prostitute and her brother rescued her sister -in-law from the bar scene and she doesn't care one bit ? If she did that I would admire her very much. It means that she REALLY doesn't care what other people would think of her brother and her sis-in-law, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not trying to flame you or provoke anything. It seems that your sis accepts your wife. I just would like to know to what extend. That's all.

I understand if you ignore my question and don't reply this post. It's your call.

Hé guys !!!

Maybe time to cool off and start getting in the X-mas mood ????

I did read the whole thread again, and I see absolutely nothing in the comment of GTG, even that she posts a question after the show to ask Dave how it was........

Lets try not to look for things that are not there, okay ?

Cheers !

PS : I never thought the day would come that I would defend GTG hahahaha :)

"...BTW..She drives a Ford Fiesta and lives in a end terraced house, not lack of money, just isn't interested in image or status..."

"...Why are you telling us this ? To show off..."

Claiming to drive a Ford Fiesta is hardly showing off! :) It is a very inexpensive car to say the least...or most... :) Of course, perhapes a bit above my current vehicle...! :)

Says Old Hippie:

Claiming to drive a Ford Fiesta is hardly showing off!
:)
It is a very inexpensive car to say the least...or most...
Of course, perhapes a bit above my current vehicle...!

I knew about Ford Fiesta thing. I think we have them in Thailand too. Maybe I should have quoted his message when he was refering to his sis's big time in the concert world and her larger than life musician friends.

Sorry, my mistake. :drunk:

Archived