The Weakest Link!!

jingjoh

I havent had such a good giggle for a long time when reading the newspaper, but todays article on the Weakest Link and its first showings here was quite humourous, this one particualr quote being maybe the epitome of the article:

"The problem is that none of this is very "Thai", critics complain. We're a peace loving harmonious, selfless, non-confrontational people, after all, not at all concerned with money or material possesions and we would never ever even think about pursuing our goals if we thought it would harm or even discomfort others."

Comical or what?? laugh.gif" border="0

"And lets be honest, a good portion of the critics don't like 'The Weakest Link' because Krittikas on air persona (the female host) is not consistent with the stereotypical ideal of the silent, delicate, submissive Thai woman.Would the criticism be as strong if the host were a man? Probably not."

Hmm, food for thought, cmon GTG a new arguement awaits your eager participation!!

quote:

"The problem is that none of this is very "Thai"

I laughed at a similar report in Wednesday's Nation but after watching the show last night and discussing it with Thai acquaintances, I have to agree with the above quote. The show wasn't overly aggressive but I felt for some of the contestants. Their body language said they would rather be elsewhere.

I doubt if I'll watch it again. It's too long, not very interesting and oh yes ...I can't understand Thai very well.

I think they have taken this franchising thing a bit too far. As well as the music and studio being identical to the British version, did anyone notice what the presenter did at the end of the show? Yes, she did that Anne Robinson wink wink.gif" border="0

p.s. The show's actually on at 10.30pm (Thursdays, Channel 3) not at 10 as my other note said. Watch it while it lasts!

Archived