Fierce Creatures--by Cent

Central Scrutinizer

jjsushi,

How long will you be staying in BKK JJ? My Dad went in hospital almost two weeks ago. Thought he would be okay by now, but the doctors are saying he may be in for a much longer period. Pneumonia, and he's a lung cancer survivor, although missing half a lung due to the removal of the tumor. Which makes the pnuemonia pretty dangerous, and he's not respondong as well to the meds as they thought he would. So I may have to postpone my arrival by a matter of weeks. I'd like to wait to see how he fares, or at least until he is more stable. So my plans are a bit up in the air until I hear he is better.

Yup, I'll buy the beers, you the shots of whiskey! Was that Irish whiskey I heard you say? :-) I'll try to smuggle in a bottle of my favorite when I come over .....

John Powers Irish whiskey, Three Swallows, Gold Label. Excellent stuff. I'll share if you're into good Irish whiskey, and still around when I arrive. (Actually I'll be bringing two bottles, but one's for the village!)

Hopefully my Dad will get better quick and I can stick to my plan of leaving Jan. 6th.

Cent

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great story Cent!

As usual I enjoy them all. Those kids with their ?weapons of mass destruction? rubber bands are reminders of how fun it was to be kid screwing around.

Sorry to read about your dad's health not being better yet. Life does kind of come to a screeching halt with parents for better or worse. A couple years back, I almost lost both my parents in a car accident. I was in the process of moving to a new apartment to be closer to work and the old apartment sucked anyway. The metal ramp on the Ryder rental truck was ready for some boxes. I got the phone call after they were rushed to the hospital. Definitely not the kind of news you want to hear on a quiet, Sunday afternoon while doing the ?move.? My parents were only three miles away from their nice, suburban house when they were broad sided at full speed by a truly pathetic loser in a minivan. He was an uninsured, revoked license, major drug carrying, under the influence, audacious idiot. Despite numerous witnesses, a totaled car, an intersection light pole knocked over from the spinning car, he claimed he was not at fault as the policeman took him away in handcuffs unscathed! He?s paying the price for it now behind bars but it?s no justification really. Of course, I would have preferred my parents avoiding all of this but at the very least I was able to postpone my life?s happenings (losing my job, etc.) to support them till they got better. No regrets on postponing. They?re doing much better now. In fact, losing that job made it possible for me to come to Thailand for my first visit! Great beaches, delicious food, beautiful ladies? Good Karma I guess?

Do what you have to do Cent, as I believe you will anyway. I still have a cold Chang waiting for you when you do eventually get back to the LOS. :)

Hi Cent,

My wife is from a small village Baan Sarm Yaek Pitak in the Amphur Ban Muang in Sakon Nakhon. Actually it is equidistant from Udon Thani and Sakon Nakhon, but in the Sakon Nakhon Province.

I never made it to Surin as yet, but it was on my itinerary this time. Unfortunately I had to return unexpectedly due to domestic problems. Well, next time I guess.

I read your stories on my pda in the train on my way to work in the train. It sure takes my mind away from the subzero degrees outside. almost to a degree that I forget I could still be in Thailand by now :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I like any whisky that is good whisky! I have never had the pleasure to imbibe the spirits you mentioned so I would love to indulge. I myself will be bringing over a bottle of Lagavulin which is a nice single malt Scotch.

I don't know what my exact BKK itinerary will be at this point because it keeps changing with every call made and received from Thailand currently. I will PM you my mobile number and you give me a call when you are in BKK.

Hope your Dad has a speedy recovery.

Hi Cent,

Thanks for this scaring stuff on centipedes. I have made nuerous encounters lately with scorpions, snakes and centipedes lately, but would not be able to relate that in a similar way.

Remember when you are in LOS (around Surin I think you live) take some time to visit the seaboard here around Chumpon. Will be a nice change.

JJSushi,

Ahhh, then you'll like the John Powers. I'm a whiskey man myself, good Irish whiskey, not that blended crap. Scotch I don't usually do. Don't like it much, but some of the better brands I can have a glass or two of. Please do PM me the mobile phone # and when I get there I'll give you a ring and see where you are and when you'll be around.

Cent

maxal,

Thanks Max. Glad you like the story. Yeah, the kids are fun to watch. Reminds me of the stuff I did as a kid living in the sticks in southern New Jersey.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents accident. I hope they are okay now. My Dad's out of the hospital now and recuperating at home. Seems to be a lot better and stronger with the meds he's on now.

Thanks Maxal. I hope we get to meet one day in BKK. I'll post in the meetings section and here when I'll be in BKK.

Cent

• 3 weeks later...

Thalenoi,

Been busy lately getting my act together to get back over. Meant to reply to your post earlier. Sorry for the delay. The holidays are such a pain in the ass aren't they? :-) Yes, I would enjoy a stay in Chumpon. I am a beach person and love relaxing on the shore. We have some mutual friends. Hopefully we'll get to meet one day soon, and share a beer, and hopeflly spend some time sitting on the beach enjoying good company, friends, food, women, and wine! I'd be very interested in heading south to see you this summer. (I have a friend I want to see that lives near you, and would love to meet then, if we don't meet sooner.)

Take care. Have a good new year.

Cent

Archived