Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans

gobbledonk

When I see people claiming that Indians are some of the most beautiful women on the planet, I always kinda wonder whether there is some hidden cache of these beautiful women that I have yet to discover.

I do recognize that the subject region of this post is enormous and offers considerable diversity in terms of looks, genetic makeup, etc, but I just don't get the general statement being made here.

To each his own, eh? :)

PS The line you mention should be moved westward of Burma, because the general population there looks very much part and parcel of SE Asia -- not too different from Thai, Lao, Khmer, etc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kh,

I take your point - every nation has its share of beautiful women. As for Burma, other than the extremely well-preserved Aung San Su-Kyi, I have seen very few Burmese women. Because I know that it will re-ignite political argument, thats all I'm prepared to say about Burma.

Guest lazyphil

A good example of a beautiful Indian girl is the one from 'Blue Peter', if you're not English you wont have a clue what I'm talking about, even if you are you quite possibly don't sit around watching kids stuff :o :o anybody know who I'm talking about? Shes a real honey IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Says lazyphil:

Art

<<My attitude is : one country, one set of laws, if I live there I do as the Romans do>>

Yes, I agree. Which makes me think how hypocrytical us Brits were in our colonial days, you know-not speaking the local lingo Indian, Adoriginal Oz/North America etc etc. Yes, its in the past and we can not be held to account now, but in say 200 hundred years when immigrants alter the old fashioned way of life in England the 5/6 generation immigrants (like my family comes from Saxony) can say the same..its not our fault.

The Romans didn't follow the ancient Britains codes.

This is my somewhat protracted take:p

This makes me think of how poor India is. I'm talking not your typical, runofthemill poor third class country. India goes far, far, beyond that. Beyond anything anyone can imagine. If you been there then you know what I mean.

One billion people and such a poor country. Surly there are a few, as in any place someone that raises above the rest and lays the foundation for a country, a future. Can't think of anyone right now but Gandi had the right idea, but by the time he died and India had it's independence's, it was to late. The British had taken all it's natural resources and fed them to it's own industial revolution at home.

The British invested nothing in the country itself. Think of a up and starting company reeling in the profits and putting zero dollars back into the company that was earning them.

A imitation democracy and the railroad is all the Brit's left behind.

It's simply incredible to see India and witness how poor the people are. The stone age is alive and propering. People work only to eat and sleep and have children. No tractors to give the population time for leisure, only ox's for plowing the fields.

Shit, when I arrived in Cambodia I thought that I had died and gone to heaven.

:rolleyes:

Shit

This makes me think of how poor India is. I'm talking not your typical, runofthemill poor third class country. India goes far, far, beyond that. Beyond anything anyone can imagine. If you been there then you know what I mean.

One billion people and such a poor country. Surly there are a few, as in any place someone that raises above the rest and lays the foundation for a country, a future. Can't think of anyone right now but Gandi had the right idea, but by the time he died and India had it's independence's, it was to late. The British had taken all it's natural resources and fed them to it's own industial revolution at home.

The British invested nothing in the country itself. Think of a up and starting company reeling in the profits and putting zero dollars back into the company that was earning them.

A imitation democracy and the railroad is all the Brit's left behind.

It's simply incredible to see India and witness how poor the people are. The stone age is alive and propering. People work only to eat and sleep and have children. No tractors to give the population time for leisure, only ox's for plowing the fields.

While I agree with most what you've written about India, I do not agree that all the blame has to go to the British. The main obstacle in developing India is the caste system. No Indian government ever tried to get rid of it. I strongly believe that as long as this system is in place, India has only limited chances for further progess. This system was not implemented by the colonial rulers but was already well established over hundreds of years before. Many educated Indians agree that something has to be done but they're not willing to shake the foundation of this obscure caste system.

jp1,

I agree with you 100% - many of Indias problems are of her own making. Interestingly, many of the English-speaking elite share my view, at least from interviews I've read or heard. Perhaps its a different story down in the trenches, but I'd imagine that they are too preoccupied with simply surviving to ponder the impact of colonialism.

With a spiralling population tipped to eclipse China's, and no one-child policy, its difficult to imagine things getting better for the masses. Whether the level of poverty is worse than that seen in sub-Saharan Africa, Afghanistan, Cambodia et al is an unwinnable argument : when the world leaves you with nothing but war, famine and misery, I doubt that you spend too much time wondering if anyone else has it worse than you do.

I agree with you that the current problem what the country has today are there own making. In fact if the British has not ruled them they would have been worse than the African countries. Atleast the British built the rail roads, gave them the English education which is one the best outside US, UK or ero. Today it these ppl like me & other have made mark in the US high tech industry. When the Brit left in 1947 the population was 340 million and today it more than China billion plus and they have no clue where they are heading. The current problem goes back from the time Brits left and it was taken over by the politicians who make million $ and it is hereditary where the same families rule and make money. Corruption is rampant in the country and the people who pay the tax are less than 1%.

The country forex comes mainly from software exports and the techies from US moving and setting up in India. When my company started 1st there operation in the s/w development in 1994, I was excited when I was asked to look into the initial establishment of the company in India. I was shocked at the way the corruption even though I was 2nd generation American and I used to hear from parents. It took quite some time to figure but I soon learned the ways things work and got it moving. As per the American laws you cannot pay a bribe any where in the world and you can get nailed in US. Soon I got to know how to get these done and today, I'm the trouble shooter for the whole of SE Asia when it comes to dealing with the federal government or when we need to grease hands to get the things move.

vinod

• 1 month later...
Guest lazyphil

I doubt you've seen it, the cover Gareth Gates (w**ker!) has done of Spirit in the Sky with four very hot Indian babes dancing with him, one in particular is very very sexy indeed, has anyone seen this?

Archived