Fifth Annual Thanksgiving Dinner In Bangkok

I consider myself lucky to be a member of several boards along with Nanaplaza.com. The last two years, BGV, TSM and Xtreme Travel have extended an invitation to Sanukers to join them for Thanksgiving Dinner. This year were looking at 100+ persons attending.

This year, I was honor to be ask, to be the Co-Chair with RRman for the Thanksgiving Dinner in Bangkok. I was very happy to accept, as I have been looking forward to this years event with glee.

The reason is... I'm getting married to a wonderful sweet Thai woman, Khun Naravadee or you can call her "Nui" on Nov 24th. After two years with her, my heart goes boom boom more and more every day! Reality quite frankly has set in, we are soulmates, even more since the initial "Honeymoon Hollywood stage" We both know their will be lots of ups and some downs, however we are very excited to experience life together. It's time to celebrate!

Were looking to make Wednesday to Sat Night,one non stop party. Are you guys up to the task? If you are, please RSVP at RSVP_BKK @hotmail.com

The dates to keep in mind

Wed Nov 21st Bachelor Party Nov 21st. Plan on having a wild time till the wee hours. Venue will announced shortly.

On November 22 (Thanksgiving Day) we will have our best Thanksgiving Feast ever! We moved to bigger and better facilities which also have a reputation for outstanding cuisine. Join us at The Fortune Hotel, 1,3,5,7, Fortune Town Bldg., Rachadphisek Road, Dindang Bangkok, Thailand. Go to the Third Floor, where we have a privare room. Wait till you see the great cusine and how much variety which has been agreed to! Please bring a big appetite! This is 500 baht for the dinner which also includes unlimited sodas. Cash bar will also be avaiable.

1 p.m ls cocktails

3 p.m dinner

5 p.m Social hour

6 p.m Surprise tour

10 p.m Nana... whatever bar will have us :-)

Friday 6 p.m Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant

8 p.m Long Gun

Saturday 6 p.m Wedding Reception/Pool Party ( Hawaiian Theme) Wear your Hawaiian shirt and as the future is so bright for Nui and I, you just have to wear your shades too! It's at the Fortune Hotel, 12th floor

For those who would like to stay at the Fortune Hotel. We have a special rate ONLY for this time period. Please book through RSVP_Bkk@hotmail.com Rates are 1,500 baht for Single per night 1,700 baht for Double.

This also includes breakfast.

Please book through RSVP_Bkk@hotmail.com as this rate is ONLY good through Nui who pulled some strings to get it.

Remember please to RSVP asap so we can get a accurate count. Especially for the Wedding reception as it's the first 50 RSVP. Wish it could be more but it's a party already of around 250 guests that night. Hope to see you there!

http://members.theglobe.com/Turkeybkk/exp_personal1.html

Fortune Hotel

Congratulations, and I'm sure it will be a blast.

Hi King Sanuk

Thanks for the well wishes!! Really hope you'll be able to to come to the events. Please invite your wife also to the Reception.

Showtime

The following comments may be old information for you veteran Nanaplaza.com members, but, if that's the case, I think it's well worth repeating:

This type of blanket invitation to strangers is but one of many excellent reasons why this forum is "tops" and very hard to beat. In the old days (pre-Internet), most folks couldn't dream of getting such a huge amount of useful, accurate, and vital information, in a lifetime! Yes, we all have our varied opinions, and people sometimes get upset, but that's a part of life!

To whom it may concern: I thank you, graciously, for this wonderful web site!

To Showtime and Nui: Many thanks for your extremely nice invitation and the hard work and time you have taken, and will take, to make this event a success! Your efforts will make many lonely people very happy that they can spend such an important Western holiday with friends and companions.

teacherwannabe

I've got to echo the sentiments so eloquently expressed by teacherwannabe.

To send an open invite to boardmembers here is a very generous and heart warming gesture.

Thank you Showtime.

I probably won't be able to make it but nevertheless, I will take a quiet moment sometime to raise a glass to you and Nui's future happiness. Have a great life together.

Best wishes

Arai wa

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

Teacherwannabe,Arai wa,

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the very kind comments. It's both Nui and my pleasure to co-host the Thanksgiving party. As for the wedding reception, it obviously is a special occasion for us. We felt it would be great to share it with family , very close friends, and our cyberfriends so they could experience our Thai Wedding in person.

Over the years, have met some of the greatest people over the Internet. Out of over 150 people I met in person ... 99.3% of them, I really did enjoy being with them. Some have turn out to be my best friends. Try those odds with people you just meet in the street. :-) It won't be close.

Warm Regards,

Greg ( Showtime)

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Showtime ]

Archived