Scuba Diving Thread - mini forum

Brink15

just interested in looking back on this, had to search to find the thread though.

>had planned on Enax (completed), wreck (next month), >deep, nav and one to be decided. Not sure about Night, still >mulling it over....

MSD finshed. Deep, nitrox, nav, night and wreck.

just started DMT....

-j-

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Josh,

Guess they unlocked the thread when Brink was demoted.

Sounds like an exciting MSD package. What wreck did you dive, the Hardeep? Was there last week and it was fun.

Good luck with your DMT. Once you start thinking about becoming an Instructor, give me aring and maybe you can stop teaching English and start making real money :grinyes:

Hi Limbo

Nah, my wreck certification was actually on Talemban (Bali), good fun.

>Was there last week and it was fun. (i.e Hard deep)

Hmm. Interesting, I was there last week as well (and this weekend just gone actually!!).

>Once you start thinking about becoming an Instructor, give me aring and maybe you can stop teaching English and start making real money

Already half planning to do the Instructors. With the MSD already done going upto MSDT is pretty easy as I get "credit" for my five specialities, and only need a total of 10 logged dives in each speciality (as I understand it!).

As for English teaching, dunno. Never tried it. But probably *could* make more as an instructor than I do now!!!

cheers

josh

Yeah the Haardeep was a good dive on Saturday, first time for me for about a year on that wreck. And it was absolutely the first time I have done 2 samesan dives and been back on the road before 2pm!

Josh - I think you are correct about going to become MSDT exepct for nitrox which you need 25 dives.

Actually its not a bad idea to try to pay for an instructor + MSDT package if you do decide to take the IE. That way you get the 25 certs required and you get a course director to sign you off as speciality instructor.

Hi Josh,

For each Instructor Level Specialty, you need 20 dives and 25 certifications before you can apply for the Specialty, unless you do the Preferred Method, as PADI calls it, which is doing your Specialty training with a CD (Course Director). In that case you only need 10 logged dives in each specialty (including Nitrox, Madstockbroker), it's cheaper to apply for each Specialty and most importantly, you can start teaching the Specialty(s) immediately, without having to wait that you get 25 certs under your belt (only exception on this would be Semi Closed Rebreather, where you still needed the 20 logged dives, but not the 25 certs).

Do you already have a preference for a CD? If not, and also if yes, PM me and I can give you my info and credentials.

Josh and MSB, that's great, I was doing Wreck Instructor level Specialty. I was on the Ray Divers boat. Dived the Hardeep on the 15th and 16th January. Did Koh Chuang Home Navy before each day. Dived each day around 14.00 on the Hardeep. Saw another boat dive early on sunday on the Hardeep, that could've been your boat MSB.

Josh,

The Talemban, is that the wreck between Lombok and Bali? Heard about that one, guess it was good fun. Did you do all your Specs there? Lucky you!!

I thought you were teaching English, don't know why than ::

I think our boat was parked behind Ray Divers when we left on Saturday.

Yeah I forgot that nitrox is only 10 dives and it was the CCR that is 20 dives. Anyway I personally think its better to to the skill intensive instructor specs' with a CD who can guide you through the best way to teach the course. Nirtos esp that requires a lot of theory. I signed my self off on some of the easier ones like DPV...

Maybe do the Khram on Saturday......

Hi limbo

>Do you already have a preference for a CD? If not, and also if yes, PM me and I can give you my info and credentials

LOL. No CD yet. Lets see if I get through the DM first!! Now, what the hell was the general gas law again....LOL...its like being back in secondary school.

Anyway, as I am not doing a dedicated DM course, just on w/e when can, I expect it to take a fair while - plus the physicals may make it even longer than than!!!

Anyway, will definately keep you in mind when the time is right.

cheders

josh

Archived