need info on high-low risk of bbbj

Tomc12 (or other medical experts),

I am in the middle of a discussion with some people about the risks of bareback blowjob (bbbj). They believe that the risk of catching HIV/STD from bbbj is extremely small as compared with bareback fucking. I guess a lot of people do believe so. But I am not sure.

From some medical books I gathered (partly by assumption) the following information:

Transmission rate of HIV through bareback fucking: 1 in 1,000/3,000

Transmission rate of HPV through bareback fucking: 2 in 3

Transmission rate of chlamydia/NGU through bareback fucking: 1 in 15? (my guess; it?s lower than e.g. syphilis for sure)

Transmission rate of syphilis through bareback fucking: 1 in 4

Transmission rate of gonorrhoea through bareback fucking: 1 in 5

Transmission rate of Herpes simplex through bareback fucking: ?

Transmission rate of Hepatitis B through bareback fucking: 1 in 30? (my guess, 100 times more transmittable than HIV?)

Transmission rate of chancroid through bareback fucking: 1 in 4? (my guess; chancroid seems to be very infectious)

Unfortunately medical books only talk about transmission rates through (bareback peno-vaginal) sex, not specifically about bbbj. I believe HIV, HBV, HSV, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, and even syphilis can be transmitted by peno-oral sex (bbbj) though, leading to systemic disease (HIV, HBV), infection of the throat (chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis) and the mouth (HSV). I believe that there is much controversy about the possibility and transmission rate of HIV by bbbj: I guess the transmission rate is low as compared to bareback fucking (1 in 10,000?). But I believe that the other infections can be transmitted through oral sex about as well as through bareback fucking.

Can anybody tell me if my information/assumptions are right and perhaps even add statistical transmission rates?

why speculate on how big chance it is to catch something....

just use a condom and if it breaks run to bath room and wash your dick carefully with soap..........

even if you use a condom you can catch a disease ,

i know a guy who never use a condom and hes been witih i dont know how many Bg in thailand and hes not got anything. on the other hand i know one guy first time he was in thailand and first girl he was with he catch gonnorea so its no telling how big or small chance it is...

Its all up to you how long you want to live or rather say how you want to die.....

cheers

the only thing i have gotten was herpes and that i got when using a condom so )

"Transmission rate of HPV through bareback fucking: 2 in 3"

what would HPV be? it got the highest transmission rate of the lot, but I've never heard of it??

the others sound familiar, only I would thing clamydia/gonoerra would be higher?

bbbj I tend to believe is MUCH lower than fucking - at least for the man...

then again as akarr pointed out - calculated risk behaviour is all good untill the odds work against you :devil:

HPV = Human Papilloma Virus which can cause genital warts (and cervical cancer). Scientists are quite sure about the transmission rate of HPV (60%), syphilis (25%) and gonorrhea (50% M->F, 20% F->M), because these micro-organisms have a kinda steady transmission rate: the other diseases are very host-dependent though which means that some people seem to be (far) more susceptible to the particular infection than others.

Anyway, I would still like to know if BBBJ is MUCH safer than BBK regarding STD. After surfing the internet I have found that most STD's are more readily transmitted by peno-vaginal/anal sex than by peno-oral sex, but how much more? Two times, 10 times, 100 times?

BTW, does anybody happen to know the average chance to get a girl pregnant when having BBK and the girl is not taking any birth control?

Either you are careful and protect yourself and try to have safe sex, no kissing and touching with the hands. no blowjobs without condoms and avoid cotact with fluids from the girl,,,

sounds real fun......

if you want safe go to a massage house the girls are trained proffesionals and do you real good and fast and with all that above mentioned......

You don't understand: I am not worried for STD's at all. But I'm in the middle of a discussion with some people who believe that bareback fucking is extremely dangerous and that bareback blowjob is extremely safe (for both man and woman). I think they are exaggerating the difference in safety and I just want to know the scientific truth about this issue.

Tomc12, can you help with some info?

BBBJ's are not a safe form of sexual interaction as most of the STD's can be transmitted in this way. Actual transmisssion rates for BBBJ vs BBF are somewhat variable-for example, you mention the risk of transmission for HPV from oral sex. If HPV is found in the oral mucosa, was it picked up from a BBBJ or from her mother from maternal-to-infant transmission or from auto-inoculation? In general, transmission rates are lower for oral sex vs genital sex.

A single act of unprotected intercourse carries a pregnancy risk of 3-4%

Thanks Tomc12! You are still da man when it comes to medical issues.

I wonder though: in the current AIDS-era there are a lot of people who participate in bareback peno-oral sex, but not in bareback peno-vaginal/anal sex anymore, especially in the "high-risk"-communities like the homosexuals and prostitutes (and their customers). So I would think that it's never been so simple for scientists to find out what the statistical transmission rates from (only) oral sex are. How come it's still a mystery (for the bigger part)?

Archived