Thailands reputation

liquidflux

I just was saying what the stereotype is for a lot of people who have never visited. Having been to both countries I know both stereo types are right and both are wrong. It all depends... And of course I think Thai women are beautiful. I'm kind of a nut though, I like the look of Isaan girls the most.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I took Mentors' advice and went to his favorite establishment (only for a shave). Ended up going back a few days later! Had a lot of fun!"

Would you mind telling us wich hair salon it is?

<<Thailand will always be recognized for its sex industry>>

WHY!!

Many of my friends throughout Europe and here in Thailand feel the same. When I was still living in Europe, most documentaries I saw about LOS were about this sex industry rather than temples, food etc.

When I told people I had a Thai girl, first thing they asked..(as a joke of course).."Are you sure she isn't a katoey"? :: My experiences of course.

Your answer shows disagreement, could you explain why?

Why? Because a significant % of its tourist are sex tourists. Want to guess how much money is generated from these tourists if you factor also all the monies sent to BGs. Hell, extend it further and the number of girls taken out of this country because their initial attraction was tied to sex. In turn, they send monies back to their families either from their spouse/gf or earn themselves. And then factor in the number of people (the large ex-pat community) who move here because of the easy and cheap access to sex. The cover of English teachers my ass. It is why I am here and I am spending about $30,000 a year here. Take away the sex industry and the nanaplaza.com board is history...........That is why!

cardinalblue

Because a significant % of its tourist are sex tourists. Want to guess how much money is generated from these tourists if you factor also all the monies sent to BGs. Hell, extend it further and the number of girls taken out of this country because their initial attraction was tied to sex. In turn, they send monies back to their families either from their spouse/gf or earn themselves.
To put the importance of pay for play to the Thai economy, consider the following: Tourism generates about 6-9% of Thailand's GDP. The percentage varies depending upon whose figures you use (a recent article in the Far Eastern Economic Review put it at over 7%), but none of these figures include the amounts spent on extracircular activities.

My guess is that the amounts spent on extracircular activities are significant. To make this simple, those who visit here just need to pause for a second and consider the following question: when you visit here, what percentage of the amount you spend on your Thailand trips is spent on: (a) hotels, tours and restaurants vs. (B) bars, massages and BGs? (Exclude international airfares since Thailand doesn't see the majority of that money unless you always fly Thai.) How much do you honestly blow on a night at in NEP? For many, I suspect it is substantially more than you spend on your hotel room. Perfectly understandable.

Now lets go back to that 6-9% contribution that tourism makes to the Thai economy. That is only the money spent in category (a), hotel rooms, etc. Hard to guage the number of so-called sex tourists, but if it is significant percentage (and I am sure it is) and they spend more on extracircular activities than the activities that go into the official tourism figures (and I am sure they do), then the actual contribution of tourism, above board and underground, to Thailand's economy is substantially higher than the official figures. Hence the panicked denial after Bali. And hence the importance of places such as Pattaya, Patpong and Nana to the Thai economy.

Hi,

I have faced about Thailand and Thai women's reputation many days of my life.

There is an Air Force base that the Thai women (every one of them) are believed to be whores, married or not. And that reputation was justified when ones watched the behavior of most Thai women in that area. Many Asian women were reluctant to become friends with Thai women, even the one that works in an office like me.

There is not much I can say about other Thai women behavior and I am not perfect, but behaving like whores, no matter what situation they are in, is a little too much for me.

Cheers!

Now, I'm going to be blunt. Reputiation about Thailand in my home country (Sweden), in short: It's a place where almost all girls are prostitutes.

I naturally disagree with this view -- on the other hand, I've never been in any other country where it is as easy to have sex with a lady for money (and now, I'm not only talking about massage parlours, Nana, or whatever -- but 'Thai friends' that wanted hook me up with 'their nephews younger sisters good friend, only XX years old, but never mind, type of girls'....

Thailands reputation, as a whoring country, is without a doubt, well earned. -- I stand by that. So, flame me!

Archived