It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard work is a farmer in Issan bending over all day in the hot sun to plant rice seedlings

------------------------

sorry, I missed that pearl of yours, and did not access internet for a few days. I think this sentence of yours shows how little you know about thai farmers and most likely Thailand, which i surmised from your previous generalities. Apologies for being blunt!

First, Issan farmers can indeed work hard, but unfortunately, their days are often made out of unemployement and more leisurely activities when the harvest a or planting is done (though they do rent machinery to do these jobs, like a whole village may gather funds for all their rice fields). Also, most likely, the daughter of this Issan farmer could very well be working in this least-respected profession you mention before.

Ever wondered why? Could it be she is aware her parents are breaking their back at home, and want to lessen both their burden and may be her kid's burden in the future. the answer is yes, trust my experience. not all girls end up smoking up, drinking up and spending the moneyy earned from customers or boy-friends.

They indeed ,like you, see the hardship of their families. Now, of course, you have the ones who are almost coercively sent by the broken-back father to the brothels and nights of BKK, but we get off-topic here.

Last, many of these girls you least respect, do indeed go back home for the seasons of harvest or planting. It has not been uncommon for me to witness that return to the village to help the family when working the fields is needed. My GF just did, this past year.

Not all work in the fields, though many do, they may baby-sit, cook, or simply assist in menial chores and be there for that very important time in a farmer's life.

When the job is finished, they will also celebrate, and enjoy being close to the people who really most matter in their life.

You see, the problem with farangs assessing thais is that they always approach it in their own western terms, of an individual doing something for himself, well, herself in that case ("she does this job, so I think that little about her..."). this is not the way thai farmers or their daughters live their life.

Every choice or sacrifice is often decided with the needs of the family in mind, or out of duty to it. It may mean laying on your back in Pattaya, but might as well be a return to the village to help and sweat a bit more.

[color:"red"] Hard work is a farmer in Issan bending over all day in the hot sun to plant rice seedlings

------------------------

sorry, I missed that pearl of yours, and did not access internet for a few days. I think this sentence of yours shows how little you know about thai farmers and most likely Thailand, which i surmised from your previous generalities. [/color]

P127,

You also seem to have missed the fact that I have withdrawn from this debate over respect for prostitutes. If you want to argue over the lifestyle of an Issan farmer and his family, start a new thread.

And since you have raised the issue of generalities, read over the diatribe in your last post and count how many of them you have made.

Harlequin

read over the diatribe in your last post

------------------------------

no diatribe there, just stating the facts from experience. I am still waiting for a post from you that is also coming from experience and not generalizing from a western POV. You enjoy argumentating, which is quite fine, but do not be over-sensitive when I question your knowledge of the Isaan farmer. How much time do you spend in an issan village on your LOS trips?

[color:"red"] How much time do you spend in an issan village on your LOS trips? [/color]

P127,

This is completely irrelevant to the point I was trying to make. I just said that it was hard work for an Issan farmer to plant rice in the hot sun. Agree or disagree?

If you want to show off you knowledge of Issan farming life, again, start another thread.

Harlequin

I just said that it was hard work for an Issan farmer to plant rice in the hot sun

---------------------------------

generalities again? your point is to separate back-breaking farmers from easy-laid prostitutes, when actually, they are socio-economically a lot more related than you pretend, if only thru family ties, to begin with. I also understand this reasoning escapes you.

Last word on this thread from me. Cordially

[color:"red"]generalities again? your point is to separate back-breaking farmers from easy-laid prostitutes, when actually, they are socio-economically a lot more related than you pretend, if only thru family ties, to begin with. I also understand this reasoning escapes you.

[/color]

P127,

I understand 'this reasoning'. I don't understand its relevance to this thread. Again, if you want to debate the lifestyle of an Issan farmer, start a new thread. If you just want to insult me, send me a PM.

[color:"red"] Last word on this thread from me. Cordially [/color]

You are breaking my heart ::

Harlequin

• 1 month later...

Agree with your stuff (and JJSushi and Soongmak's) on Harlequin or whatever.

Doesn't seem to have much P4P knowledge but sure claims he knows about it, the girls, and everything else. Never answers a question straight, always dances around and then takes offense claiming you're attacking him personally.

Waste of space in discourse. It's kind of like talking to the Robot on Lost in Space:

'WARNING, WARNING, BAR GIRL APPROACHING, DON'T RESPECT HER. SHE'S A ......PPPPPROSTITUTE. WARNING, WARNING"

Couldn't resist that. But I probably shouldn't do that - too easy a target. Sorry.

Anyway, back to the thread. I feel sorry for the 19 year old who got ripped-off by the guy. Another brick in the Wall.

BTW, point of order. Do preachers have secretaries, or would that be an altar boy, and our preacher is a rather odd one indeed?

Archived