It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, the women need to be paid for their services. That's the nature of the game.

Interesting how people though say they are not racist and then we hear all these general comments about nationalities.

Another point I would like to make, specifically with thalenoi's post, "Unfortunately I know a few of those, but they mention it up front (they wont pay for sex or anything else), Still find the practice disgusting."

That isn't disgusting. It's honest. If everything is mentioned up front it's the girl's choice to go or not. Additionally, if you are in a cross-over environment, this is a sure way to weed out the working girls (or atleast girls not working at that moment :).

<<burp>>

IMHO: ( better say that first) what stinks is the practice of the bars making the girls responsible for the bf if the guy does not pay.

But so it goes with what I would classify as "3rd world managment"

same system when a customer rips off a restraunt, the managment usually ( from what I have seen and read) trys to hold the service person responsible for it.

( I've seen the same thing happen here in USA at local chinese fast food outlet) customers cause problems, the managment trys to hang in on the workers.

more than my 2bt worth this time

Maybe she did her job too well? And this naive, young 20 year old thought of it as girlfriend-boyfriend relationship.

An expensive lesson for her. I'll bet most of the time the bar girl will make more money when they don't discuss exact prices up front and leave it up to you. But sometimes, as in this case they get cheated.

While I do not in any way condone what the Asian-American punter did, nor am I shedding a lot of tears for your friend for her loss.[snip]. She has by her own choice entered into a disreputable profession, one that is full of lies and deception on both the part of the providers and the consumers of the service.

Harlequin,

This is exactly the kind of attitude that pissess me of! So it is sort of okay to cheat a prostitute out of her money, because she works in a ?disreputable profession?? Just because she works in the barscene does not automatically makes her a bad person.

If my friend or any other respectable Thai lady doing honest and productive work was cheated out of a month's wages, I will feel genuinely sorry and angry at the person who swindled them.

What?s dishonest about being a prostitute? You provide a service to the needy, of which you are one, remember? Tell me where?s the dishonesty in that?

If a prostitute or punter does not understand this dark side or pretends to ignore it, they are going to get burned in the end.

So very true. Nevertheless, if a 19 year old (not much more than a kid in my book) gets cheated out of what?s rightly hers, I feel pity for the girl. I think it?s rather sad to see that you have hardened to such a degree that you don?t give a damn anymore. Maybe that gualifies as loss of soul as well.

Cheers,

soongmak

[color:"blue"] This is exactly the kind of attitude that pissess me of! So it is sort of okay to cheat a prostitute out of her money, because she works in a ?disreputable profession?? Just because she works in the barscene does not automatically makes her a bad person. [/color]

Soongmak,

I did not say it is OK to cheat a prostitute out of their money. I believe it is immoral to cheat anyone out of their money. Whether I am sympathetic or not is another matter.

I did not say a girl who works in the barscene is automatically a 'bad person'. However, I have quite a bit less respect for them if they freely choose to engage in this profession.

[color:"blue"] What?s dishonest about being a prostitute? You provide a service to the needy, of which you are one, remember? Tell me where?s the dishonesty in that? [/color]

It is not necessarily dishonest to be a prostitute. There are some prostitutes who will not lie or deceive you in any way. They will deliver fair value in service for what you pay them. But only a rustic innocent or a fool would be surprised when a prostitute turns out to cheat them. Do you not agree that the profession has a tendancy to erode one's moral fibre?

[color:"blue"] So very true. Nevertheless, if a 19 year old (not much more than a kid in my book) gets cheated out of what?s rightly hers, I feel pity for the girl. I think it?s rather sad to see that you have hardened to such a degree that you don?t give a damn anymore. Maybe that gualifies as loss of soul as well. [/color]

I did not say that I 'don't give a damn'; you have inferred this from my post. I can understand how you would draw that conclusion, but in fact it is wrong. The world is full of people suffering through no fault of their own. My sympathy has limits, and I will save it for them. I just don't have much left over for a prostitute who gets cheated.

Just to add some balance, I will say that I also don't feel much pity for a punter who stuffs his pockets full of cash, wears expensive jewellery, get very drunk, takes a prostitute back to their hotel, and gets robbed of his valuables by her.

Harlequin

[color:"blue"]" I can still enjoy it, but not as much as before because I understand what is behind it." [/color]

By reading your post I can't understand how you can still enjoying it after all you said about the dark side of prostitution. It sound like you have find a easy way to wash conscience, she's doing a bad thing so you can do to.

>last time i took out my BG from the bar i asked her about the Barfine cause we where going to Koh Samui for 2 weeks or so and she said its ok no need. she took care of it already.

She must had paid the bf herself in anticipation she'll be adequatelly compensated by you.

Some girls have "no salary" agreement with their bars. That means no minimum offs, mamasan has little say. But, if she goes with a man she has met under the bar's roof, a bf must be paid.

If she meets Tom Cruise at supermarket and goes with him - no bar fine but then she runs the risk that strted this thread...

Archived