It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

[color:"blue"]By reading your post I can't understand how you can still enjoying it after all you said about the dark side of prostitution. It sound like you have find a easy way to wash conscience, she's doing a bad thing so you can do to.[/color]

IMHO, many punters in Thailand are aware of the 'dark side' that I am referring to; certainly most of the expats or frequent visitors are aware. Yet many of them still indulge and enjoy it. Hey, we're only human - we all have our vices, eh?

Harlequin

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not defending this guy because what he did was wrong. But I believe there is two sides to every story.

This sounded to be one of these cases where a young thai girl is taken by a probably charming, good-looking (relatively) young (stress young) guy. I don't care what people say, girls when the opportunity presents themselves will always gravitate towards younger, good-looking guys (human nature) IF and a big IF he demonstrtes he has the cash for her. Everything else being equal.

Was this a case where she was so taken by his charm, his looks, his youth that she forgot to pay attention to why she is in the business in the first place? Show me some respect with the cash went out the window? This sounds more of a case where her own foolishness and stupidity got the best of her and he wrongly took advantage of the her and the situation.

When I take a BG girl and the experience is not perceived good value for what i get, i just move on. Don't cry over spilled milk as i know it comes with this type of territory. I am now experienced enough to know there are plenty of minefields out there amongour bowl of cherries. On occasion, i will step on one, but i still have another leg to move foward.

She is young and it sounds like inexperienced. Unfortunately, they soon too become veterens and more likely not as lovable and naive in her next encounter. If she doesn't become too jaded by this or another bad experience, she will also experience some decent relationships along her journey. The key that i have learned is each expereince is a new in and on of itself and try not to let a bad one or even a few carry over and contaminate the next one........

cardinalblue

Says harlequinbkk:

Robaus,

While I do not in any way condone what the Asian-American punter did, nor am I shedding a lot of tears for your friend for her loss. This may sound harsh, but nonwithstanding her 'lovely nature', she is a prostitute.

Harlequin

Wow that's the reasoning behind these creeps that don't pay. After all they are just prostitutes and therefore are worthless and so it doesn't matter if you use and abuse them. I do hope this young girl gets out of this business for her sake because she will only be hurt by the men who have no souls that she will meet in this business. Try to get her to rechange her thinking that caused her to choose this as an option in the first place.

Also the comment that the guy might have been young and good looking and charming by another poster, in reality he was probably anything but those things. Plus the situation doesn't suggest in any way that he shouldn't have had to pay because it had turned into a boyfriend girlfriend relationship. I'm sure she treated him like a boyfriend but they both knew the reason she was there was to him a good time while he was on his vacation. I hope to God this girl was assertive enough to have this creep use a condom, some of the younger girls are afraid to ask and if the guy is a lot older then them then that's also another factor. Boy, I would really try to get her out of this life while she still has enough feelings inside of her to have the ability to cry about creeps like this. If you are a friend and do care about her, try to open up other options in her mind that may put her on a different path.

"Just had the sweetest of girls"

U're so luuuucckylucky!!

"I hope one day racism will be consigned to the trash can of history, as was feeding Christians to the lions and slavery being acceptable in society. "

Yaawn...

."She is an absolutely knock down gorgeous 19 year old if you like things in tiny parcels,'

I don't

"with the loveliest of natures"

No doubt...Pattaya is famous for those ::

"The standard of behaviour of members here is generally well above his scumbag mentality"

I frankly doubt,but we definetely don't have the same standards

I'll jump to your conclusion,spares myself some time

"She was crying not at her fate, but because I?d just paid her triple to compensate her loss a little'

You vely good heart,and vely enthousiastic.

Wonder wether you would sell well on the slave market??

Robaus

I'm curious.How would you react if a katoey told you a guy made her pregnant and left her without a penny??

Or perhaps if she says you fathered the baby that's gonna come out of her belly?? ::

Just asking because this kind of things seems to happen and I understand you are a very considerate dude

Being a bargirl does not necessarily make one a bad person. I?m a great believer in walk a mile in someone else?s shoes before you judge them. I sometimes wonder what I would have done if I?d been unlucky enough to be born poor in a 3rd world country, with a corrupt government that only provides rudimentary education, no welfare safety net, no minimum wage or workers rights, and a class system that wants to keep me in my place at the bottom of the pile. Throw in a failed marriage or relationship. Then you see another girl return to your village happily married with a falang husband and child, who in one giant leap has transcended all the disadvantages you were born with. Must be very tempting. Swallow the opium of the masses, accept my fate and pray for a better life in the next one or go to Pattaya to look for a falang myself, because one sure as hell isn?t going to stroll through my village in Issan or wherever. Hmmm ?. not sure how holier than thou I?d manage to remain if I were in that situation!

chok dee krap

"An expensive lesson for her."

You know what ? This is just like like shoplifting to me. It's callous theft. Boyfriend/ girlfriend relationship? I don't think so, if they met at a bar. In this case it's business. Dam shame there was no-one handy to teach this punter some manners and the importance of honesty.

" nor am I shedding a lot of tears for your friend for her loss. "

Whilst you make some valid points about learning the hard way, she is still an entity performing a service and is entitled to be paid for it. I feel the same way about this case as I do about any other hardworking small business owner being taken advantage of by a rogue. Most bargirls are struggling as it is. Moralising about her behaviour does not lessen the crime against her.

I have heard this story time and again. While I am sure there are girls who will tell a tale to play on your sympathy so as to gain a few baht, I have known to many assholes to doubt that this happened. I remember meeting this guy in Pattaya a few years ago, who was all to proud to brag how he had cheated girls on a regular basis and how. He really thought he was something special. Seems his big one was telling a "new girl" that Hong Kong dollars were worth 7 times USA money! "...I got her for about $2!! I'd love to see the look on her face when she found out..." what a dick!! Hope somebody "sets him straight."

Archived