Recce mission in Sukhumvit.

I've just got into the flat in the past hour. I haven't unpacked or anything and I stink like a warthog.

The wait at the airport was as big a nightmare as I was anticipating. The 'phone was going off every 5 minutes (Red - from you know who) and my new ringtone is hardly subtle - seeing as it's a recording of one of the Eden girls shouting 'Hello Baby'.

Am now going into temporary stasis. Need to get over this one.

Red - sorry for cutting and running last night but I'm not into long goodbyes. It was killing me in the bar man. I mean - really fucking hurting. Best holiday of my life - bar none.

Right this very moment Kipster will be going through the exact same. Same airline and everything...

I have stocked up on supplies for the UK reunion. Red Bull will have to replace the Lipo though.

(Got stopped by Customs on return this afternoon. I have a sneaky feeling that the officer may have had some experience of the 'blues' himself as my demeanour was such that I just didn't give a fuck. He told me to forget about opening my case and we ended up just having a general chin-wag. It's a funny old world innit?)

To the rest of you on the board. Hope you've enjoyed what was at times the incoherent ramblings of a madman. I have four months to wait - then another 7 months. See, I'm measuring my life out in trips to LOS already.

Here's to Christmas 2003 for sure.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sil, I shall admit publicly that I let you down on this one. The intention was there (seriously) but I kinda tried to do all my shopping in the last hour of my stay in BKK and didn't get to Ploenchit. Any remaining from 'Rusty's Mob' can dig me out of this one? Please?

I'm watching it very carefully for any signs.

Just unpacked the first layer of suitcase. I was obviously pissed when I did the shopping. I can't remember buying a stuffed spider in a glass case. Now what the hell am I going to do with a stuffed spider in a glass case? This is silly. Where did these lighters come from? Oooh - look, theres one that's just like a digital watch...

Is this my case?

Oh - yeah. It is.

'Just unpacked the first layer of suitcase. I was obviously pissed when I did the shopping. I can't remember buying a stuffed spider in a glass case. Now what the hell am I going to do with a stuffed spider in a glass case? This is silly. Where did these lighters come from? Oooh - look, theres one that's just like a digital watch...

Is this my case?'

Carew, you're a star. I know the feeling. It's always (erm, actually, not always, 'rarely' would be a better word) a nice surprise to find what shite you wasted your money on while drunk before the homebound flight (those last few desperate hours) when you open your festering bulging case a few days after coming home and sobering up. :(

Just pray there wasn't a ladyboy inside the fucker waiting to jump out? :o

See you next time round, chief. Sorry I never bumped into you or the others again (or did I :drunk::o;) ?) before Xmas or after. I headed up north and don't remember much after that ;) . Drink and barfines were heavily and frequently involved. Bad news is I'm 'home' now and it's a bitter comedown indeed. :( :( :(

j ::

dear MR. Carew.

the redbaron and myself had a huge night last night down at the soi 7 BG then onto california then Gspot, where i had a scary experience. I was sitting there with RB after i had paid my check bin and looked over to see him holding up my passport in his hand (i originally had headed out to change some money with no intention of having more than 3-4 drinks).

The missus was waiting at home for me to return at 12.00 but got the shits when she rang me in the nana disco at 2.00. seeing as though i was in trouble anyway we decided to go to the Grace for "one drink" and i got home at about 4.30am expecting to get a rolling pin over the head but she jumped up and cooked me fried duck for breakfast and cracked me a beer from the fridge. today i felt like death so after my business lunch at the nana restraunt i paid a visit to soi 7/1 to while away a few hours.

kipster rang me from the taxi on his way to the airport while we were sitting in S7BG and he didnt sound happy. Russ and the village idiot was last located in a ladyboy bar in samui there was some strange goings on (we hear).

On the way home this arvo i was spotted by a BG that i knew from a year ago. and she informed me that she i had been observed in the nana resturant talking to a farang with a tie at approximately 12.18pm.

i am sure wou will have fun with the spider

P127 - My man! How are you matey? Sorry for dragging you away from your hearth the other night but thanks for coming out all the same. I wasn't that pissed was I? (Yeah - I was I know :) )

You missed a top drunken conversation in The Pig and Whistle whereby myself and Midnite Oil decided that Lennon and McCartney were the greatest thing to happen in the 20th Century (though perhaps this may be an injustice to penicillin and the moon landings).

See ya later Alligator.

Archived