"I Go Dance Now"

Sarisin

This has to be one of the Top Ten Things You Least Like to Hear in a Bangkok Gogo Bar....

You know the deal, you just bought that stunner a ladydrink and she is cozying up to you in a major way. You start to move in for the kill, and, BLAMMO, with these magic words, she is off to dance another mind-numbing set.

BAH!

I just returned from Angeles City where this is one area they have right. First off, you can walk into a gogo bar and just call down any dancer from the stage to join you for a drink, some conversation, and a little fun. You don't have to shell out an immediate barfine.

The best news is coming....

As long as you buy her a drink, she does not have to report to the stage to dance until you either (a) stop buying her drinks or (B) leave the bar. Yep, she is yours for the duration, if you want her, and you will never hear, "I Go Dance Now."

An added bonus is that you will not see a lively game of Gogo Dancer Ping Pong as a dancer goes from customer to customer enjoying brief sips of assorted ladydrinks before, you guessed it, the time has come to hit the stage again for another set.

Can anyone tell me why on earth this truly wonderful policy could not be adopted here in Bangkok? I think it would not only benefit the customers, but the owners as well. The only down side I could see is if a group of guys were to go into a small bar and each guy would call a lady down from the stage. Suddenly there would be no dancers and, likely no further customers. But, in big bars, this policy should be implemented NOW!

Are you with me on this one, fellas? :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure on that one Sarasin - better to be given the option - how about... put a little lamp onto each table. When your with someone your keen on and dont want them dragging off to the stage, you turn the light on red. That means no more calling to dance.

I have sat with some whom I have been relieved when they say they have to go to dance. In that scenario the light stays firmly green and up they go with no direct loss of face.

They used to have something like that in Top Ten in Singapore. The light on the table glowed green but when you wanted a drink or something, you switched it to red and the little waitress would run over. Got rid off 'em in the last refurbishment - never could understand why.

Cheers

Well, for one thing the dancers here have a quota of lady drinks to meet. If they don't, it's taken out of their pay. Thus the BG punter ping pong game. Now if you are willing to buy her drink after drink, that is one thing. But how long should a gal sit with you for just one drink?

As to why do they have to dance, obviously the popular girls get bar fined early on. Some smaller bars might be getting thinned out as the evening goes on. However, I suspect the main reason why the gals have to get up and dance is that the mamasan is just too thick to try to figure out who else should dance in her place. It's easier for her just to make the BG leave you and get up to shuffle.

I have noticed that many girls wait until just before their group goes up to dance before they come sit withyou and accept a drink-say perhaps

5 mintues enough time to talk a little get cosy and then get a drink and then leave All standard issue for the BG as they are on the hussle and so are the guys.

I would generally agree with your sentiments. But, occasionally, this practice can be fun.

I still have fond memories of the lady, with whom I was sitting, having to go dance. During her set she kept flirting with me and doing some of the most wonderful pole rubbing bump and grind you've ever seen. Well worth the cost of being "alone" for a few minutes! :: Of course, the music and cold beer helped a little. :)

PhordPhan

biggrinsanta.gif

sarisin.

but that's the difference between Thailand and Phillipines.

different 'rules' in different countries.

i have never been to the Phillipines,but what's the problem in LOS?.

you buy a drink and she sits with you,but then her time to dance and she leaves you.

until you BF her,she is not yours,she is working and available to any man in the bar,not just exclusive to you.

if she has a drink,when she has finished dancing she will return to you.

you buy a girl a drink,then she dances and another man see's her and BF's her while she is dancing,you have lost out.

you had the chance to take her home.

S,

Each bar has it's own policies on this.

I find if a girl is interested in you she will come back after he set is done. :: Now I know that is is often painful to sit through another set of bad 70's tunes, :eek: but thats the price you have to pay sometimes. :o

I have found that if a girl just does a "drive by" for as lady drink. :: Then I just let her pass on buy at that price. ;)

Go Go bars will always want as many ladies on stage as possible as it makes the bar look more inviting to potential customers. biggrinsanta.gif

my thoughts:

The bars do just want a high headcount. for the curtain gents.... heads bobbing in and out.

Maybe if its "cozy" you should just barfine the girl and hang out for a bit enjoying your beer? (can't say i've ever engaged in this scenario)

Perhaps worse though is this scenario sarisin! ::

Go to Hollywood (3rd floor) in Nana, and get interested in a dancer who works the shows there... if she has to "go dancing" -- you'll be sitting in the bar waiting, without even her grinding a pole and fluttering her lashes -- she'll be next door for 30 minutes at the other Hollywood doing a show, after you sit through the show she does there. better to just go home than wait for those birds. :p

I like the fact it feels more up to a girl's caprice in BKK. She can just play guys for drinks, or choose to come back to you. Yelling the number and buzzing them down is more MP like.

cheers,

Numbers ::

I don't mind when they say this, but what I DO mind, is when they go off to dance, then after their set, immediately leave the stage and go to another punter before they've even found out if you're interested in something more with them. I suppose at least this way you can scratch her off your list for future reference, but it does bug me. ::

Well, Sarisin, *I'M* with you on this one. I'm surprised at all the hemming and hawing in here, so I guess these guys like yanking on their own chain for a while after their girl goes off to dance. As for myself, I always feel a bit awkward getting into it with a BG, then just sitting there watching her dance and not wanting to get friendly with a different girl and drinking up my beer waiting for her to come back. I vote "Aye." biggrinsanta.gif

Archived