"I Go Dance Now"

Sarisin

Yeah, I guess I should have asked the auxiliary bonus question as to what guys do while they are sitting there at their table containing two drinks and waiting for their dancing princess to return. Read the Bangkok Post perhaps? ::

I think it is much easier to just not buy a ladydrink for a girl you don't want to sit with you rather than come up with a system of lights, bells and whistles to get rid of 'em. Why buy them a drink in the first place and then have to wait until it is their turn to dance? Just get the bill, excuse yourself, and move on.

sayjann, you have never been to the Philippines. I suggest you give it a go sometime. You might be fascinated with the similarities and differences in the respective bar scenes of the two countries as well as the women themselves.

One good point made as to the 'why' is to project an image to looky-loos poking their heads into the bar of a bar that is happening with plenty of dancers on stage. Also, good points on the Ping Pong players. I would love to hear your strategies on how to handle these types. Mine is to pay my bill and move on as soon as I detect a game in progress.

Honestly, I seldom enter a gogo bar with a barfine in mind. I more enjoy sitting down, having a drink with a lady, and having some fun. By taking away one of the main sources of my enjoyment ("I Go Dance Now") the bar makes me less apt to hang around waiting for the dancer's set to finish.

"Check bin na khrap."

I repeat. This is one area where it is far more fun for me to bar hop in the Philippines vs. Bangkok. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more often then "i go dance now" i hear "pay bar"; and often in combination "pay bar i go dance now" or "i go dance now pay bar". despite of the BG's confused syntax we recognize the objective! so the innocent little cutie just sipped a bit on her colaaaaa and now enforces me to take the decision, whether or not to rescue the poor little thing from torture and martyrdom to dance another set...

and i have to admit, that i am a sadic mark, as in 99.9 of 100 times i leave the poor little thing in torture and martyrdom. i like to move around and usually do not stay in a bar longer than 20 minutes...so the "i go dance now" is for me a welcome reason to move ::

Last month, I was actually surprised how little pressure there was to buy ladies' drinks in Soi Cowboy and Walking Street. In more than one place had to go out of my way to make the offer when I was enjoying the company but was not/or had not decided to pay bar fine.

Did have one previous acquaintence drop by to ask if I was going to take her out because she had another prospect. Only fair--she was working, I was on vacation.

Perhaps it is my shy nature but I welcome the opportunity to either pay up and run from the cutie who caught my eye or stick around for 15 minutes looking at the other selections on offer. If you spot the girl coming straight back after her set - perhaps she's a good one. If she smoked like a chimney or behaved like a vixen the cut and run opportunity is there.

Sitting and chatting, huh, I can't even hear myself think most of the time.

Tough call, though I am always pleased when a girl gives me her undivided attention between dancing sets - and not too much pressure to buy another LD is always a good indicator.

As for comparing to PI - I think the cherry girl stinger over there will always be on my mind.

hi there sarisin, it happened to me a few times ( all in midnite, sc, with the same girl ) that after i bought the girl a lady-drink, she said : i have to go dancing again ( 10 minutes after i gave her the lady drink ) it's was a really nice girl, stupid me i barfined her 8 days in row but she did 2 crazy things to me.

at 22 dec i barfined her and took her to me hotel ( 22.00 ) after great sex with her we both fell asleep ( 0.15 ).

0.45 she received a sms, a asked me : can i please go, i have big problems, and silly non-realistic me let her go !!!!!! more to come but i will try to tell you in a personel reply.

I like that girls have to go dance. It allows you some flexibility. If you like the girl, either bf or wait for her to return which she will. If you are not sure, it allows you some time to make up your mind. Since you bought her a drink, she will return to the scene of the crime so some other low lives won't move in on your rented property for that duration of the drink. On the otherhand, If you don't like her and prefer not to take her, her dancing allows you the break you need to pay your tab and get out of dodge. Give her a wave or a cold shoulder and off you go or if you like another girl in the joint, have her sit with you along with a drink and this will signal to the girl on stage that you have terminated future goings with her.

Incorporate the "I go dance now" into your business dealings with her.

Cardinalblue

I agree with you about Angeles City gogobars. I like them better than Bangkok gogos. The other big plus is the girls speak English and you enjoy a higher level of conversation with them than you can with the average thai bg. You can get a bit more than "Where you stay and where you go and where your lady? "

Also the waitresses are real cool. Those pretty costumes and an eagerness to be barfined too.

How much for a beer now in peak hours and what are the prices of lds?

What were your favorite bars this trip?

walletss, I had a good time in the gogo bars in AC. My experiences later with the Filopinas in my room were another story.

I have about 40 pages written up now with many observations about my 20 day trip there. I am about to enter 'negotiations' with KS on whether or not this is posted on the paysite. After all, this is a site about Thailand, but I think many of the members are interested in alternative locales for sanuk and the inevitable comparisons between AC and Bangkok.

So, let's see what happens.

To answer your specific questions:

1. I drank beer (San Miguel) most of the time at about 45 pesos - Happy Hour cheaper, of course. Not many bars with the draft beer I enjoy.

2. Although beers are cheaper in AC, ladydrinks are more expensive than BKK (again, depends on place). Most bars had ladydrink prices of 125 - 155 pesos, so there wasn't too much of a difference. I can say Filopina BGs are less pests to buy ladydrinks than Thai BGs.

3. The best deal continues to be the barfines. Still 1,000 pesos ($1.00 US = 53.6 pesos) all in. Most guys do give the gals a bit of a tip in the AM, but it is still cheaper than most BKK venues - not talking freelancers here.

4. I hit just about all 62 bars I think this trip. I liked the small - medium sized bars the most. Places like Brown Sugar, Champagne, Insomnia, La Bamba, Volcano, Blue Fox, and Las Vegas. The big bars (Blue Nile, Nero's, Camelot Club, Misty's) were loaded with stunners and very nice lookswise, but it was hard to have fun in those. Some good times in the bars on Perimeter Road and the new Blue Nile Executive Club.

Stay tuned for a detailed report. I hope. ::

Archived