Read any good books lately?

walletss

Says Pharcyde:

I have read a good book, it is from the italian author Tiziano Terzani. In english it is called "a fortune teller told me".

Pharcyde

I agree this is a worthwhile read. I met Tiziano a few times in Hong Kong in the early 90's and he is a fascinating chap who has been in Asia for decades and got loads of stories to tell.

I love the way he calls all women "girls". Totally un-PC.

He also wrote a book called Siagon 1975 about when he stayed on in Vietnam after the US pulled out and the commies took over.

Had a damm attractive daughter I recall.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got A fortune teller told me today. Made a request a few days ago and today they called me already. Thumbs up for Bookazine.

MSB,

do you happen to know the name of the book about Saigon/Nam in 75.

In a fortune teller told me they only list one othr book as written by him, about Russia.

Cheers,

Limbo

Its just called "Saigon 1975" and "Three Days and Three Months" is the sub-title. Published in 1976 in Italian but was translated some years later into English and published by White Lotus. Sometimes you can find a copy locally if you look around.

I also read "Goodnight Mister Lenin" which is an account of the break up of the Soviet Union and his travels around Central Asia. I was living in Uzbekistan at the time so I could easily relate to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived