Read any good books lately?

walletss

'What's your name I'm fine thank you' by Roger Beaumont.

I thought this book was worth to read, but after finishing it last night I have to change my opinion.

It was pretty crappy except for the first 5 to 6 chapters.

I don't recommend this book anymore.

Read at your own risk. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Moore boasts that he never does a rewrite. He starts writing and just goes from start to finish. Then he sends it in to the publisher. Sometimes that works. Lots of times it doesn't.

He's got some good books. Others I simply could not get through. But I suppose you can say that about most writers. He's a nice friendly fellow though. Not bigheaded or anything.

You may see him in the Thermae on occasion."

Hmmm. Sir, somehow your reply makes me think YOU might be Christopher Moore. ??? :)

"Butterfly Stories" by William Volkmann also takes place in Bangkok. It's about 2 guys who whore themselves to death. I read it about 5 years ago and only remember it as bleak and depressing. Don't know what I'd think of it now.

Went to the local Bookazine store in Samui and they didn't have A fortune teller told me, too popular they said. They're trying to get it for me tho.

I did manage to pick Thailand: a short history, it looks interesting tho I'm not sure how long it'll keep me interested.

They also had Bangkok Angel, in larger quantities and I picked up Chri Moore's the big weird for 95Baht.

Good initial score.

Thanks,

Limbo

Not replying to anyone in particular. I agree with the negative comments said about Moore, especially after trying to read Chairs. Apart from the waiter at Thermae story, I found the rest somewhat incestuous and couldn't get threw it.

I'd previously read Minor Wife and enjoyed the adventures of Calvino and crew, even if the ending was a let down.

I'm currently reading Beyond Bad -- the life and crimes of Katherine Knight, Australia's Hannibal. She butchered her defacto and boiled up his body parts for his kids! Certainly not boring.

Archived