Fuck Heineken!!!

BTW: I'm sipping on some excellent Singha beer tonight while involving myself in this Forum. And I hope and pray that I never have to resort to Heineken or Carlsberg or a different type of Thai beer...or even...(Shudder)...American beer in the future.

hert.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen,

Obviously, one's taste in beer is very personal. I think we would have a better chance resolving how many angels can dance on the head of a pin than which beer is nectar of the gods and which is elephant piss.

I'll add my 2 cent's worth. Best beer I had in SE Asia was "Beer Lao" :). Pretty much the only thing I drank when I was in Camobodia :drunk: (I had a few Angkor beers just to give face to the locals). I wish to God Thailand would import it. Then again, I have a suspicion :: that Thai breweries are somehow conspiring to keep it out of the country because they know Beer Lao would blow Singha, Chang, Leo etc. out of the water.

Harlequin

P.S. Beer Lao, of course, has Lao writing on the label. This is the first time I have seen the Lao written langauge, but I have learned the Thai alphabet and was quite surprised to see the similarties between the two. I could pretty much read the words "Bia Lao" in Lao.

I really don't understand why Thai breweries do not copy any of the outstanding beers on offer in the neighbouring countries.

Look at Laos: Beer Lao -- an excellent beer!

Look at Myanmar: Beer Myanmar -- a fine beer!

Look at Cambodia: Angkor -- beats Singha any day!

Look at Thailand: Beer Thai? -- Gimme a break! ;)

Straycat

I agree. Tiger Beer, I believe is Singaporean (correct me if I'm wrong). It's a shame it's not sold in LOS since it seems to be available in any other SE Asian country.

San Miguel though is a Spanish beer, brewed under license in Hong Kong. It does not really count as an Asian beer. Taste fine though ;)

Archived