Fuck Heineken!!!

I suspect that a big problem with ANY of the mass-produced beers is the sheer volume of chemicals introduced during the manufaturing process, esp preservatives. The best beers I've found here in Oz are the boutique beers brewed on the premises - very little in the way of a hangover. Also greatly enjoyed 'Liq Beer' in China - most of their stuff is good AND dirt cheap !

Beers I avoid - VB, Fosters, Melbourne Bitter, XXXX and imported beers where the bar owner has decided they are his vehicle to early retirement ....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beer I prefer in Thailand is Carlsberg. Chang's fine as well. I really liked a dark beer a year or 2 ago, forgot the name.

Problem is that the beers in Thailand taste different in Europe, Heineken, Carlsberg, Becks (a great beer in Europe, sheit in Thailand ::).

Cheers,

Limbo

I CAN'T be the only one in here with decent taste, meaning the only one who adores Singha. There was a poll in the Polls Forum awhile back on favorite beer here, and Singha racked up a lot of votes. Come on, where are all of you now???

For me except maybe for Amstel its all crap beer. Best beer in Bangkok is at the Tawang deang Brewhouse, I'm not just saying that because my mate is the brewmaster there, it really is REALLY GREAT beer. Problem is the old liver gets me a good wack around the head in the morning so can't go as often as I like nowdays.

Beer Sing gives me a horrendous headache in the morning. The Bangkok Post some time ago suggested one reason people may have 'problems' with Singha is the percentage of preservatives used.

As a result I generally drink Carlsberg, especially draft Carlsberg if it is available.

Although Sizzler's is one of my favorite dining venues (actually my dates' favorite venues), I never drink beer with the fare the offer.

I do agree that it is strange the change they made, but I suppose some gee whiz statistician analyzed this thoroughly before they came up with the decision.

Just as long as they retain that brown, gooplike shit they serve for dessert I will be happy. :)

Hi fatbastard,

where is that brewjhouse?

I personally like Hopf in Pattaya, the home brewed weiss beer in 3 liter glasses. Try to drink 3 of those between 2 guys. :drunk:

Woke up and hardly had a hangover. :drunk:

Great place and the owner can sing some classical music as well. Not really cheap tho.

Limbo

WHERE is the sense of patriotism? How can they just completely DROP a national product and offer only that bilge water? Is it really THAT MUCH trouble to stock both???

Hi,

Sure makes one wonder.

Whatever happened to the campaign they ran last year or was it the year before that:

Khon Thai Chuay Thai?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Sarasin: I have it on good authority that that brown, gooplike shite is strained moose shit. Sure is good, though.

Sigh. I guess all the Singha drinkers that USED to inhabit this board died out. I don't know about the other preservatives, but let's not start that old Singha-contains-formaldehyde argument again, because that's just an Urban Legend. There is no formaldehyde in Singha. frosty.gifhert.gif

Archived