Fuck Heineken!!!

Just before Christmas, I had a night out in Frankfurt. On the way back to the hotel, I stopped at a Thai fast food place, ordered a Pad Thai (crap) and a can of Becks Beer.

I spotted the bottles of Beer Singha in the fridge, but these were export quality. Export Beer Singha is a very poor relation to the real thing, which is also pretty grim.

Whilst eating my meal, I was trying to catch what the staff were saying (I took Thai classes in BKK) when I noticed one cook reaching into the fridge for a beer for his good self. What a choice he had: Becks or Singha. He took a Becks!

Even Thais don't drink it! Singha is .............. mai aroi. Tastes like ear wax!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I prefer Chang beer when in Thailand. It seems to me to be a more consistent beer,i.e., the quality doesn't vary that much. With Singha, the quality is not consistent. One day maybe alright the next batch, terrible.

I remember Singha in the U.S. being of poor quality, too. Federal government regulations required it to be watered down, too high of an alcohol content for beer there, something like that. I'm surprised, though, that Germany would require the same. Perhaps for the sake of convenience, the Brew Gods at Boon Rawd make just one type of export-quality beer for all?

I do recognize that there are some people who would actually NOT prefer a Singha, and lest THOSE "people" question MY taste, I'll state, as I've done before, that my absolute favorite beer in the world is the Trappist Monk stuff from Belgium. I hope that will satisfy you.

Carlsberg! Danish dog piss bottled and foisted on...Oh, don't get me started. biggrinsanta.gif

Hi!

I really liked a dark beer a year or 2 ago, forgot the name.

You could be refering to 'Black Tiger'. The brand name seems to have vanished. However there is a canned beer with a tiger on the can that is called 'Black Beer'. I'm reasonably sure that this is the same.

regards

ALHOLK

Why not 'FUCK SIZZLER'?

Aren't they the ones who're taking your Singha away?

For some reason they had to cut down the choices of beer.

They chose Heineken above Singha, that's it.

There's no need to curse Heineken, curse Sizzler instead and move to the next place. ;)

THIS JUST IN>>>>

There is formaldyhyde in the brown, gooplike shit in Sizzler's. Eat at your own risk. :)

You are right about the Beer Sing, I believe, but clearly in my case that stuff gives me a horrible headache the next day.

But, then again, so does tequila, and I had to be a real prat and drink that in Titty Twister last night, so my head is throbbing today.

Gotta go get more brown, gooplike shit....

Well, Goddamn! It happened again! The wife and I are out again on Saturday afternoon, and I feel a powerful thirst. We step into a Black Canyon Coffee Shop. I have a recollection that there is beer there. But...As I discover...There is only fucking Heineken and fucking Carlsberg on offer. ::

What is with these chains??? Why can they not offer the superior local brew? I pray to Buddha that the owner of the franchise for Black Canyon learns the joys of prostate cancer first-hand in the very near future. And if it were within my purview to see to it that the owner of the franchise for Sizzler would rot in Hell for all eternity and a day, I would be out there making the arrangements right now instead of pecking out this post. All because they don't offer Singha. ::

Zaad: I agree with you only partially, as you can see. I do find fault with Sizzler itself, but Heineken is not an innocent bystander. They bear responsibility, too.

Oh, Okay: I don't REALLY wish prostate cancer on anyone. But dagnabbit, I'm pissed now! I see a dangerously subversive trend here! Even if it's Kloster or Chang, local beer should be on offer. Damn Straight!

hert.gif

Archived