How much for abortion in BKK?

Anyone have a clue to how much for an abortion costs in BKK?

I think a severence payment may be in my future, but I wanna get some kind of idea on what to give. I dont think this is a scam, cuz I was stupid and it is highly possible that a girl is pregnant. It is unwanted by both parties and I planned on giving some money, but now her sister is involved. Sister has email me requesting a rather large chunk of money.

I was bad, but I wanna try to right this wrong...

Any info would be appreciated

Anyone have a clue to how much for an abortion costs in BKK?

Doctor D,

just 2 months ago I was in a similar situation. The girl involved is my GF but we decided not to have the baby. If you go to the 'Relationship Forum' and use the search function (below) type the word 'abortion' and it will lead you to a rather long thread with some useful informations.

Btw, I paid the hospital (Bumrungrad) a total amount of THB 18.000 (incl. 1 night stay at the hospital). Everything went well. Fyi -my gf was pregnant in the second month.

>>Anyone have a clue to how much for an abortion costs in BKK?

Less than 2000 Baht (more like 1000) in Soi 12, the building next to Cabbages and Condoms, until the 3rd month.

They are good, and well known.

After the third month reckon with more than 10000 Baht, because she may have to go to a hospital.

The place by Cabbages and Condoms is the best, cheap option. However this is only good if you go early in the pregancy.

I would advise from staying away from "clinics" after having a a bad experience with my GF at one.

If it is later in the pregnancy then Bumrungrad really is the best option. This can be in the 20,000 baht range and involve an over night stay. I am unfortunately going through this with my GF next week at Bumrungrad, so maybe will post about the experience...

So give the Cabbages & Condoms place a go if it is early in the pregnancy... Comes well recommended...

I thought abortions were illegal, though I had heard that the Sukhumvit Soi 12 clinic did them frequently and professionaly. I was surprised to hear that an established hospital like Bumrungrad would do these.

Whether illegal or nor, they did it and GF was happy.

If abortion is illegal in the LoS, it's as illegal as prostitution. :: :D

Hi - My understanding is that abortion is illegal in Thailand, unless its authorised by a doctor for medical reasons (i.e having a baby may be dangerous to the girls health or the babies). Simple solution is that somewhere like Bummrungrad simply determines that the health of the girl or the baby is at risk if she went ahead with the pregnancy and the doctor signs off the termination. Sure they probably have a stack of reasons they could use.

Cant see a scenario of many people challenging a doctors decision, although I cant see that happening very often. Families of good girls just want it hushed up and the family of most BG will not even know she has had it done.

Cheers

Archived