Oh boy, TV's in the sky train stations

It seems now every sky train station is equipped with a ton of high end flat screen TV's and an astounding number of speakers. At first they were playing movie clips, but it seems only a matter of time until passengers are constantly bombarded with annoying commercials. I kind of liked the sky train stations before as a place I didn't have a computer screen or TV in my face and something blaring in my ear, but those days are over. The commercials must work as I see a lot of Thai's glued to to them, sigh. The cost of progress I guess.

I noticed them too when they first went up. They were only showing digital computer graphics then.

What brand are these ? I believe Hitachi or Toshiba ? They look really nice, some sort of Plasma screens.

I did not see the picture from either a DVD or TV input, but I would be interested in getting one of those screens for home use.

Those are plasma screens... Very very expensive! Saw one for sale in the Sogo Amarin mall a while ago for 400,000 Baht.

Not sure who is in with the government to supply these things but they're doing well for themselves. Saw that there are now plasma screens all over the airport, even in obscure locations in the domestic terminal.

• 8 years later...

Hi,

"p.s. And the effing board just kicked me out again ... FOURTH TIME TODAY. :banghead:"

I think this might be due to the increased security features of this software. If your IP address changes while logged in, you will get kicked out. I'm guessing that is happening to you. Not sure why you would be getting a new IP address that often though.

Sanuk!

I just stay logged in on my home computer. When I go back to the board, I may start reading and decide to post. But then my post will be rejected - with the message that my credentials do not match my security code. It's got to be the security features doing it. (I'm on True Internet, which can be a pain in the butt at times. I get a lot of phone messages telling me they are "improving" their system.)

Never had the problem on the old software.

Archived